Custom Map #583: Run and Hide

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2011, 08:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #583: Run and Hide

Author: Lich98

Desc:
Retreat to the end of the maze to build up your wepons and fight back against the creeper!

lich98

well, I guess I'll start by saying, how do you like the map?

Ok for people who were following the gem series, I haven't forgoten about it, I'm still working on the next map(s) in the series. Thanks for being so pacient!
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

NickHounsome

Not bad. Maybe more tough drones - that gave me a fright.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

fitz

I enjoyed it, a few fun surprises and an interesting use of the phrase 'safe haven'  ;)

lich98

Quote from: fitz on December 23, 2011, 10:02:27 AM
an interesting use of the phrase 'safe haven'  ;)
Yep, it's not really a "safe Haven"
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

outblasting

Good map, needed a few attempts to think of a tactic for this map.

the Phantoms surpised me surely, aswell the strong drone suddenly did and destroyed half of my base...
after you get the experimentals things get easy. maybe some addings for this?
all by all I give this map a 8.5

Spoiler
WARNING! THIS SPOILER MIGHT CONTAIN INFORMATION TO WIN THIS MAP. READING IT WITOUT PLAYING IT = WEAK
Spoiler
I just managed to get myself to the safe heaven, builded a blaster for the drones only and builded a portal near my ship, removed a few blocks and created another portal. with this setup the creeper will get stuck behind the few removed blocks in the safe haven, and the portal gives you the chance to build the rest full with energy and get trough the Experimental weapons. after that is it easy to get passed.
[close]
[close]

Fisherck

I enjoyed the map a lot. Very origonal. :)

The only things I didn't care for were the phantoms (which for me seemed more like a nuisance than anything else), and how much energy it took to get the darkbeam tech (100). The darkbeam already takes long enough to build... But otherwise I thought the drones were a nice touch, which kept you on your toes. Great map!
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

lich98

due to the fact that I have more negative votes than positive votes i'm going to post some spoilers about my map PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DON"T WANT HELP

Spoiler
Build 2 blasters and set them to drone only. After that build 1 phantom coil. then wait for the creeper to realse the soild terrain and help escavate the terrain, moving the blasters and Phantom coil down before you loose the shields that are there. Get to the "safe have". DON'T CONTINUE IF YOU DON'T WANT MORE HELP
Spoiler
Once you get there build up an energy supply while making sure you put Phantom coils in there, get the dark beam tech. Build it and beat the level
[close]
[close]
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Quincunx

Excellent map. Very satisfying when you finally get through.

DethbyIT

There is always a 'twist' to your maps that makes me really think my way through.
Very satisifying (after I figure it out).
dbit

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

DethbyIT

Quote from: lich98 on December 31, 2011, 06:34:30 PM
:) good for you!

LOL!
It would have been better for me if I hadn't 'run' all the way to the top of that last column. I won't say anything else, but I am definitely playing this one again!

Bongo

Awesome map! Two thumbs up.

The only thing that annoyed me was that the mirrors both had -500 points so I finished the map without them (to see if I could) and THEN when all the Creeper is killed it tells me I have to collect both of them to finish. Without the mirrors it requires very challenging energy management to win. With them it's still fun but not nearly as challenging.

PMouser

huh the safe zone is not safe it gets flooded with creeper sorry
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.