Custom Map #1124: PAC Shaper Adaptation 2. By: UberWaffe

Started by AutoPost, March 22, 2021, 08:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UberWaffe

Quote from: WithersChat on March 25, 2021, 12:49:06 PM
You can't use the built-in one, because you have to tag shaper units as enemies, or they're targets for blobs, skimmers and all that. (Skimmer fountain on impeller output points, you see?)
Ah, glad to learn that. Wasn't sure what criteria they were using for the targeting.

Snicker

I once again thoroughly enjoyed this map. trying to find the weak points was a challenge but worth it in the end. got a 42min on my last run, but Ikkon got a 36 min. Man, i would like to see that run! I agree with the flooder being nerfed. the price seems high but fair in speed running terms. i guess alot people wanted a ez mode. i head there next :}

Krozz

First off, I've been enjoying your PAC maps a lot, despite how long they take me.

For this map, it was simple to get midway with typical stack+emiter+mesh+crimson.
Then I was stuck and experimented with specials.
Then I discovered you can just egg things into oblivion.
Special spam kinda killed it for me.
It took away the precision problem solving needed to beat other PACs like #870

I like another user's idea of having on/off option for permanent special buildings.
Using creep as a resource is a great mechanic.
Permanent specials with a constant drain could prevent spam.
I would also make them all more expensive.

Jeo123

The gunships at the end become insanely easy to deal with once you realize you're able to order them to move places...  I found that out while trying to target their power poles under them and when I tried to move the target, I moved the ship.

flamewolf393

So I just beat the level at 2.5 hours. I like it, but it had some pacing issues . The First 1/3 of the level was insanely hard, I had to fight for every tiny little inch. The 2/3 made me almost rage quit, when I hit the choke point with the thors i just couldnt get past it. Until I spent almost an hour building floods that gave me enough creeper to build hundreds of blobs at once and overwhelm the defences. After that the last 1/3 was just mop up and way too easy because of hundreds of blobs constantly flooding his final stand.

The flood take WAY too long to build, 10-15 minutes each, but once they are built they are decidedly game changing. I would tone down how much creeper they emit, but make them cheaper.

Fluffologica

It's a slog. It might feel like less of a slog if the Flooders didn't take several minutes to build. It may have been for the sake of balancing issues, but I would've preferred if you lowered the output of each individual flooder instead of raising the time to build them. Granted it's going to make people fill up their maps with it, but even in normal gameplay it's normal to fill up the whole of your territory with Towers and Miners where ever possible.