Custom Map #1092: Fortress PAC. By: WithersChat

Started by AutoPost, March 20, 2021, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VolcanoSheep

Cool concept, took me a moment to figure out the mesh as I haven't played CW3 but seems cool. Unfortunately maps too hard for me, can't seem to get up the final lip to the first factory. Keep up the Good work though, play as creeper is a cool game mode.

Jican

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 21, 2021, 09:21:40 AM

Is un unwarranted attack on his integrity for which you have no proof. If you persist in accusing people  here of using cheats, and you do not have proof to back you up, you will be removed from these boards.

Taken completely out of context and no where did I accuse anyone of anything. How about you not threaten the customer base over emotional posts such as this. Not really a good look. As for cheats, I have never created a map, nor do I know what requirements are needed to upload one. Is this like Mario Maker where the creator has to beat the map at least once before uploading it, or can they simply upload unbeatable trash? There are a few maps that are posted that require specific glitches and understanding how the game processes certain negative events, such as too much creep in a single grid. That's MY definition of cheating. No where in any of my posts did I claim someone was cheating.

WithersChat

Quote from: Jican on March 23, 2021, 11:47:29 PM
Is this like Mario Maker where the creator has to beat the map at least once before uploading it, or can they simply upload unbeatable trash?
Yup, like mario maker. If it wasn't there would be insane amount of trash actually...
There are a few maps that are posted that require specific glitches and understanding how the game processes certain negative events, such as too much creep in a single grid. That's MY definition of cheating.
It happens that this may be unfair, but it's not actual cheating. But if maps using this aren't marked as puzzle maps or things like that, then it's still kinda unfair. However, it's entirely done in-game without hacks, so it's not reportable or anything.
There is no signature!

Jican

Yea, i understand that, but manipulating game functions to achieve a purpose is still cheating in my eyes. It's good to know maps must be beat before they can be posted.

jcheung

hmmm. i had an issue where i could not place mesh very well, took 30+ tries to place any, and there were some spots with 6 deep creeper that wouldn't take mesh... very confused.

edit: OH! i've realized that AC breeder was stopping me from placing mesh! top right spawn is much harder than i thought :(

flamewolf393

The factories are too well guarded, I was able to take over my corner of the map easily enough but I cant get anywhere near the factories.

Krozz

Great intro to PAC map!
I like how every quadrant begs to be tackled in a certain way.
I'd say that it was too long to execute vs the time it takes to figure it out.

hbarudi

All those comments and still no walkthrough...

BrotherOni

Quote from: hbarudi on August 21, 2021, 05:33:08 PM
All those comments and still no walkthrough...

Each quadrant has to be tackled in a different way:

• Bottom right has lots of cannons but no snipers, so you can throw blobs and skimmers at tower concentrations.
  • Bottom left has lots of snipers but minimal cannons and mortars, so you can rush them with crimsonated creeper
  • Top left has plenty of mortars but no air defence, so move quick (or use lures) and use spores
  • Top right has AC towers, but no snipers or air defence, so balance your creep production while taking out the AC towers with launchers

Fight your way to a factory, picking up the ERNs then move onto the next quadrant, adjusting your tactics as you go.

I was struggling at first as I started bottom right and I like the double emitter/crimson convertor, which doesn't work in that quadrant so had to restart a couple times. Once I spotted the differences in defences, I started bottom left instead and cleared it first time.