Map makers can imbed a custom image in the forum thread header.

Started by Karsten75, July 28, 2010, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

The author of this map has figured out a nice trick to add a custom image to the starting post for each custom map thread.

Until Virgil makes a call on whether he's going to allow it, I thought I'd show you all the technique and help you to get a good sized image that fits appropriately in the forums.

1. Before you upload your map, take a screenshot of the map and upload it to an image host.

2. If possible, size the image to the "acceptable" size for forum posts, which is around  640x480 pixels (width x height).

3. Make a note of the image URL for your uploaded image.

4. In the map description on the map upload screen add forum BB code to imbed the image as follows:

This is my third map, and this map I'm pretty pleased with. Hope you enjoy it as much I did.<br/>
<br/>
[img width=640 height=480]http://h.imagehost.org/0266/IncaTemple.jpg[/img]

Be very careful with this - if you make a mistake, it will not be apparent to you and it will be rendered wrong. Then only Virgil can fix it and he will not be too pleased with having to go around rejigging every posted map.

Leaving out one of the two attributes (height or width) will allow proportional scaling as my example below:

Please be responsible with this. Abuse will cause you to probably lose this ability.