Main Menu

Hotkey for menu.

Started by allu, November 27, 2013, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allu

There does't appear to be a hotkey for menu when ingame.( Or then I'm blind.) Every single time I try pressing esc to see the menu. I'd suppose I'm not the only one trying that. Could it be possible to add a hotkey selection for menu aswell?

Kharnellius

Agreed.  I thought ESC was the universal "open menu" key.  Would be nice to have that standard implemented.

Nephthys

Plus One for this! Many times I have wondered why there wasn't a hotkey to open the Menu & secondly why Space or Escape does not close it.

(I am embarrassed to say how long it was before I realized that the keys for building weapons were for use in regular game-play. I thought they were ONLY for use when Building Maps.Then one lucky day I accidentally hit F1 and a Cannon magically appeared at my cursor. Eureka & Face-palm simultaneously).

knucracker

I think by default I bind ESC to be 'cancel'.  But I could certainly add a new mapping for bringing up the menu and then folks could set it to whatever they want.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on November 30, 2013, 09:49:19 AM
I think by default I bind ESC to be 'cancel'.  But I could certainly add a new mapping for bringing up the menu and then folks could set it to whatever they want.

On a related note, we really need a 'close menu' shortcut key too - you can escape the dialogue/confirmation windows with a key stroke, but you still need to close the menu with the mouse.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Nephthys

Quote from: Cavemaniac on November 30, 2013, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: virgilw on November 30, 2013, 09:49:19 AM

On a related note, we really need a 'close menu' shortcut key too - you can escape the dialogue/confirmation windows with a key stroke, but you still need to close the menu with the mouse.

I mentioned that as well. The part about having no hotkey to close the Menu...  It prob'ly got lost in my stupidity example.

Kharnellius

Agreed with all of the above.

ESC should be used to close dialogues but to also open the menu (and close it).  Dialogue boxes would have priority and should be closed first with each press of ESC.  Only after there are no more boxes to close should ESC open up the menu.