Blog Suggestion

Started by CobraKill, September 05, 2011, 10:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

I hope I'm not the only one that checks V's blog. :P

I am getting very annoyed by people like ?? (one more ? but it makes an emoticon) in this blog post. or by OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! that I see alot.

Maybe have a thing were only people with forum accounts can post. Or maybe support/suggestion stuff will not be posted on the blog.

I just find it very annoying. The post I linked to has 22/23 (23 from me; awaiting moderation) and 12 posts are by him about support stuff and suggestion stuff I can't understand. What are your opinions and what should we do?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

Quote from: CobraKill on September 05, 2011, 10:29:50 PM
I hope I'm not the only one that checks V's blog. :P

No, Clearly Virgil also checks it from time to time... :)

QuoteWhat are your opinions and what should we do?

I suggest *we* leave it to Virgil to decide what/how he wants to handle his communications with his audience. :) Along the lines of: "If it bothers you, don't read it."
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

CobraKill

Nice.

Anyways I know it's up to Virgil and I love to know what's going on, it's just not the most fun to scroll through a bunch of (my opinion) kinda useless annoying comments (suggestions that will never be implemented or stuff that doesnt make sense.

knucracker

I try really hard not to censor most messages.  I filter for spam, and offensive content but let most other things pass.  Every now and then a kid gets excited about the game and posts a flurry of messages....  I try to be zen about it.   "This too shall pass"....

CobraKill

It's up to you. I remember when I was eight... Good times

Eric

I personally think posts should be related to the blog or at least interesting to the other readers. I guess what I mean is some comments can be for Virgils eyes only unless, of course, he wants to share his pain... In general I try to post things that are amusing or amuse me.

CobraKill

Quote from: Eric on September 06, 2011, 10:03:38 AM
I personally think posts should be related to the blog or at least interesting to the other readers. I guess what I mean is some comments can be for Virgils eyes only unless, of course, he wants to share his pain... In general I try to post things that are amusing or amuse me.

That's not amusing ;)