Minor bug report: PZs and connection range

Started by 12345ieee, June 01, 2014, 12:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12345ieee

ALERT: terrible english onward.

After starting CS map #593 I noticed something odd in the connection range of PZed things and made a test map to investigate:

You may not see it but the CN is over a PZ (was also evident from the ludicrous connection range), the question is, why the two collectors in PZs are not linked while the other three, that are farther, are connected?

I did some more trys and it seems that if you have only the CN (or the collector) on a PZ everything works fine, but when you put both on a PZ the game checks only if the collector range is big enough, but since CN's connecting range is in fact bigger you get the nonsense showed here.

I also looked at the wiki and here the range of PZed CN and collector are both quoted at 29.9, but in game the range of a PZed collector seems to be 19.9, while the CN has 29.9.
Maybe Virgil changed idea at a certain point and forgot to change the algorithm...

I close this with a completely unrelated question to Virgil, how is it that a CN on a PZ gets no bonus to energy production, unlike all the other units that produce energy?

Asbestos

asmussen

Well, indirectly it does get a bonus to energy production. A collector on a PZ has a larger collection area, and therefore produces more energy. It doesn't allow you to get any more energy out of the same land area, but it does mean you have to lay down less collectors to cover that same area. It's not that strong of a bonus, compared to what you get for putting down a reactor in a PZ of course, but it's still a bonus.
Shawn Asmussen

Tjgalon

I think he means the command center, planted on a power zone.

Flabort

So:
PZ CN can connect to NonPZ collector
PZ Collector can connect to NonPZ collector
PZ CN CANNOT connect to PZ Collector
PZ Collector can connect to PZ Collector

In other words, the problem is with the CN?
What about when the CN is not PZ? Does it connect with a PZ collector?
What about relays/PZ relays?
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

J

I think he means:

Normal collector to PZ collector: 19.9
PZ CN to normal collector: 29.9
PZ CN to PZ collector: (only) 19.9

PZ collector: 19.9
PZ CN: 29.9
So PZ CN to PZ collector should be 29.9, while it is 19.9
(took numbers from original post, didn't check them)