Main Menu

2 suggestion

Started by cclloyd9785, August 06, 2011, 03:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

1.  Be able to quick load with Ctrl V (or command V) on the menu screen.  Simple, but useful.

2.  Energy Priority.  On anything, when you click on it, there will be a text box above the cancel button, and it lets you set a number between 1 and X (not sure how high you want it to go, but each number is an option).

It would be like
1 is low (less than normal)
2 is med-low (normal)
3 is med (faster than normal, about half of nullifier)
4 is high (gets energy like a nullifier being built)
5 is super high (it gets energy like a dark beam getting ammo)

Just an idea.

Preview picture: poorly done:

Michionlion

i'd say that was a pretty good preview pic.  first one i like.  second one-even better.  way better suggestions then some...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Lord_Farin

I support the first suggestion. Concerning the second one, I think it should be limited to ammo replenishment (and other red packets), or otherwise it will be exploited to build things faster, which I think would not be a good idea.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

cclloyd9785

Yes but the thing would be you could only have like 1 set to 5, 2 to 4, etc.

And me, I would use it if I was low on energy, but had to get a nullifier built, I would lower the priority of some things and up the priority of the nullifier and units protecting it.

The other way I see it is if you have the energy just let you build it quickly.

Oh, also forgot, it would let you change it for multiple units at once.

UpperKEES

A few of the nice elements of this game are that you need to plan wisely and that some risk is involved.

You need to 'cap' an emitter for a brief amount of time to be able to build a nullifier. This is on purpose and I like it. Being able to build a nullifier even faster would degrade the game in my opinion.

Suggestion 1 would be nice though.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

cclloyd9785

I understand you need to cap it off for a time.  My suggestion can just help you with that a TINY bit when you aren't dug in a lot.

Because you could, like I said, set other things to lower priority, and the nullifier/stuff capping it off to a higher one.

thepenguin

the original solution would make the game no longer fun

but if we had a kind of task manager for CW2, I'd like it a lot!

the higher the priority, the more likely that it will get a packet instead of something else

that won't increase the number of packets that the unit receives from the LS, but, if you don't have enough energy, that unit will get packets before another unit with a lower priority
We have become the creeper...

crazyone76

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 06, 2011, 04:24:12 PM

And what if you want to build 6+ things?
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thepenguin

Quote from: crazyone76 on August 07, 2011, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 06, 2011, 04:24:12 PM

And what if you want to build 6+ things?

multiple things can have the same ranking
We have become the creeper...