About creating Systems and weapons

Started by knuckle head, August 06, 2011, 06:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckle head

Just a little thought.

I like the idea of creating everything from the ship and barracks. Now when we create systems or weapons they just magically appears from nowhere :)
Barracks would be system and weapon creating facilities that you can strategically deploy and upgrade.

Love your games, finally number 2 came out, found out just a 30 minutes ago and bought it right away without any hesitations :D

Ebon Heart

Everything doesn't appear from nowhere, we deploy highly advanced build packets to whatever site we place the blue-prints for a building on. As those get there, they assemble themselves into whatever structure we need through a precision brought around by scientific advances we cannot even begin to imagine.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

knuckle head

:) I thought so

EDIT:

Well this is one of those things, "glitches", that I feel can be fixed by limiting the production near ship and perhaps in facilities :)
Just my thought, suggestion and feedback.

thepenguin

Quote from: knuckle head on August 06, 2011, 07:39:00 AM
:) I thought so

EDIT:

Well this is one of those things, "glitches", that I feel can be fixed by limiting the production near ship and perhaps in facilities :)
Just my thought, suggestion and feedback.

so, what is the "glitch" there? everything is working as intended.
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Yep. You have the ability to indicate where units should be built once build packets can reach that location. Consider it a planning tool; nothing is actually being built until there you've dug away some terrain. This isn't very different from the real world using blue prints.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Lord_Farin

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 06, 2011, 08:41:46 AM
Yep. You have the ability to indicate where units should be built once build packets can reach that location. Consider it a planning tool; nothing is actually being built until there you've dug away some terrain. This isn't very different from the real world using blue prints.
May I point out that blueprints have come a long way from being blue prints  :D
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

thepenguin

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 06, 2011, 09:52:07 AM
May I point out that blueprints have come a long way from being blue prints  :D

well, more print and less blue :)
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

I've always thought of it of some kind of projection of where the building should be built, it marks where the packets should go to, and helps the commander (you) plan out their creation of structures.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

knuckle head

lol never mind my post about the glitch! :D stupid of me, i found out that you couldn't build outside of scope :D

Nevertheless, played through it all last night, love this game :) Thanks for making such a cool game.

florrat

It is interesting that this "planning tool" is actually pretty good in stopping a dark beam. If you have a dark beam running, pause the game, build 10 or more units/buildings in the beams path, the dark beam will be broken for some time... That it the power of planning XD

UpperKEES

Quote from: florrat on August 07, 2011, 10:53:39 AM
It is interesting that this "planning tool" is actually pretty good in stopping a dark beam. If you have a dark beam running, pause the game, build 10 or more units/buildings in the beams path, the dark beam will be broken for some time... That it the power of planning XD

Thanks for mentioning this. :) I consider it a bug, so hopefully unbuilt structures won't do this in the next release.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 07, 2011, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: florrat on August 07, 2011, 10:53:39 AM

Thanks for mentioning this. :) I consider it a bug, so hopefully unbuilt structures won't do this in the next release.

Hopefully creeper won't cause your *planning indicators* in the next release either :p