after playing the game, what do you want to see in the editor?

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 20, 2011, 01:04:23 AM
Also, being able to add text boxes right after the last emitter is destroyed would be nice too. That way, people could have one last word before blasting off to the next planet.   ;D

Yes, an ending text would be great. I requested the same thing for CW1 a year ago....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I believe Virgil added ending text in the game, but he did it late - to complete the final missions, so most current missions do not have ending text. day 20, however, has ending text. That was why Virgil added ending text into the game (and I believe into the editor).

UpperKEES

thepenguin

possible spoiler
I want to see terrain that Dark beams bounce off of (at variable angles?)
[close]
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Yeah, I'd like that too and suggested it in the beta forums. Something like reflecting (undiggable) walls. These would be perfect for making some very nice puzzle maps. A dark beam would be returned to its generator and destroy it, so you'd have to play with much more care and it would reduce its power a bit, making it more interesting to include it on custom maps.

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 20, 2011, 04:58:54 PM
Yeah, I'd like that too and suggested it in the beta forums. Something like reflecting (undiggable) walls. These would be perfect for making some very nice puzzle maps. A dark beam would be returned to its generator and destroy it, so you'd have to play with much more care and it would reduce its power a bit, making it more interesting to include it on custom maps.

a mirror that shoots it straight back to the beam = boom

I always wondered about the DB having instantanious beams (travel along, somewhat of a snake-like game)

morganbond

Quote from: J on May 20, 2011, 02:50:50 AM
I want to see a block were you can't build on and you can't destroy
so kinda like a black hole block? (and you could have it suck up weponds if they get too close!)

Ebon Heart

I'd like to see some kind of terrain that weapons can't move through or land on, but packets and creeper/greeper can go through.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 22, 2011, 11:34:12 AM
I'd like to see some kind of terrain that weapons can't move through or land on, but packets and creeper/greeper can go through.

Yeah, this is probably the thing I miss most of all, because it drastically changes gameplay. I suggested this as well in beta.

In CW1 this is possible, making certain area's very hard to reach. In CW2 you can go wherever the Creeper goes, making it a lot easier to kill it. The terrain offers less limitations now.

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 22, 2011, 01:13:07 PM
In CW1 this is possible, making certain area's very hard to reach. In CW2 you can go wherever the Creeper goes, making it a lot easier to kill it. The terrain offers less limitations now.

You could always make some level 4 (strongest fields that can contain all creeper) who are very dense and get replenished every x seconds (So attacking them would be useless) and then make sure no other creeper can enter and voilà. Weapons can still land and move through, but it isn't very healthy for them to do so. The only problem could be launchers but by making the level 4 fields quite shallow and get them to replenish every x frames that problem is also out of the way.

shoeface

I would really like to have the possibility to make ore depossites wich have an unlimited supply of ore.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Sqaz on May 22, 2011, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on May 22, 2011, 01:13:07 PM

You could always make some level 4 (strongest fields that can contain all creeper) who are very dense and get replenished every x seconds (So attacking them would be useless) and then make sure no other creeper can enter and voilà. Weapons can still land and move through, but it isn't very healthy for them to do so. The only problem could be launchers but by making the level 4 fields quite shallow and get them to replenish every x frames that problem is also out of the way.
The problem is, then when blasters tried to attack the creeper in this zone, they'd just attack the creeper on the outside. And weapons can still fly through walls of creeper to land in the center. I'd like this type of terrain for things like, say, a cw2 tower defense game. There's so many more options than in cw1.... And I made a decent tower defense game with cw1 if I do say so myself.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on May 22, 2011, 01:41:29 PM

I'm talking about situations where the Creeper flows in a natural way towards your structures, but you can't target it (yet), because you can't reach it. In CW1 it's possible to force the player to make a de-tour and hopefully intercept the Creeper somewhere else (or reach the emitter to cap it).

Most of the interesting CW1 maps were interesting because of the terrain limitations which made it hard (and not because of some very high intensity emitters). Till now I like CW2 better because of the additional units & upgrades (allowing for multiple strategies), but not being able to cut off certain map sections for the player (while the Creeper does use these area's) is probably something I'm gonna miss as a map maker.

Ebon Heart

thepenguin

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 22, 2011, 02:38:49 PM
Maybe the ability to create terrain in individual subcells?

why do I get that feeling that you want to have different types of terrain in a single cell (undiggable w/ easily dug)