Custom Map #6837: Splish Splash. By: BilboGCL

Started by AutoPost, December 05, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6837: Splish Splash

Author: BilboGCL
Size: 161x91

Desc:
The start might either be or at least appear hard in the beginning, but have a look! Have fun #only a bit of friendly CRP

D0m0nik

Great map as usual!

Spoiler
When the AC bomb lands at 3.27 it is possible to take out all 6 emitters and take the left island with a lot of AC left as a bonus. Takes a little planning and a hovering unit.
[close]

BilboGCL

Thank you!
It took a while to balance C and AC to make it possible to do what you described in the spoiler ;)
Btw: The trigger for the Convert bomb is
Spoiler
deep enough creeper, when two selected cells have 400 combined creeper on it it will fire
[close]
! So it is okay to bomb either all six at the beginning or two. When you somehow destroy 4 emmis on the firsts round you are a bit in trouble!

Greetings from The Shire!

Edit: Really great time!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

GoodMorning

I'm missing something, and it wears thin to punch through think Creeper time and again to find out what it is.

So far, I've stabilised the first island, and have the terp and unlimited-reactor techs.

The next step seems as if it would be to claim Forge and Berthas, but the area around these techs is covered in 150+ Creeper.

So ... how is it meant to be approached from this point?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

BilboGCL

Hi!
When talking about "first island", I hope you're talking about the 6 emitter island to the west from starting island! If not, I'd encourage you to start the map over again an just let it run for, let's say four minutes...

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

GoodMorning

For those who didn't look at the Discord conversation:
By "first island", I did mean the starting island. If my situation seems familiar, then a restart is probably faster than a recovery.

The next step is to Nullify the Emitters on the left, sacrificing AC for the rest of the map. You can store some up, though. Then a PZ Mortar will give you room enough to take the techs. Once you have the Forge, the standard "turtle until massive upgrades are manifest" strategy could work, or you can push faster.

D0m0nik

To take the left island you need in place as the AOO drops:

Two Cns on the starting island with 5 reactors.
One sprayer hanging in space between the two islands.
One CN landing on the left island just before the AOO drops.

Once AOO drops build one collector on the right and two nullifiers and use the sprayer to connect the two islands, micro management needed.

If you do this right you will have lots of spare AC to take back to the main island and to help push up and down.

GoodMorning

cornucanis

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 08, 2018, 05:28:07 PM
Could you also float a CN?

Do you mean in place of the floating sprayer for connecting the western island? You could, but it would be more annoying since there are no north/south spots to float between, so you would have to float east/West if you used a CN. You would, of course, also be giving up 1.5 power generation. I personally used a beam for that part since you can produce those in limitless quantities so there's no opportunity cost for floating one.

D0m0nik

I tried a CN. it prevents you being able to take out all emitters with just two nullifiers and you don't have the power to charge 3 in time.

cornucanis

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 09, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
I tried a CN. it prevents you being able to take out all emitters with just two nullifiers and you don't have the power to charge 3 in time.

Challenge accepted!

Spoiler

note: This was done using 2 nullifiers, the first one was right below CN 3 and took out all 4 bottom emitters. It fired earlier than the top nullifier, though, since the top one had to wait for the collector to build so it could receive packets.

[close]

edit: added spoiler tag

D0m0nik