Custom Map #146: Unexpected Aid. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 10, 2016, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanelorn

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 22, 2016, 09:40:30 PM
Many of the other areas can be held by Omnis alone or Emitters lathed. Once that is done, apply the freed-up ships to the lower-right, and note the fields operating there.

Talking about the bottom central emitter.

GoodMorning

I don't recall any great issues with that, so I can't really assist. Good fortune to you in this, however.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

tanelorn

Now that I've played a few more of Sorrontis' missions, he uses massive emitters quite a bit. I find it impossible to staunch the flow from a single emitter and have to resort to "tricks" to kill the emitter such as ramming ships into them to cause a temporary shove. In my opinion you should always be able to repulse the particulate from a single emitter with massive firepower. That's the core mechanic of the series.

Sorrontis

Quote from: tanelorn on October 25, 2016, 01:58:23 PM
Now that I've played a few more of Sorrontis' missions, he uses massive emitters quite a bit. I find it impossible to staunch the flow from a single emitter and have to resort to "tricks" to kill the emitter such as ramming ships into them to cause a temporary shove. In my opinion you should always be able to repulse the particulate from a single emitter with massive firepower. That's the core mechanic of the series.

Hi tanelorn. You'll quickly that I do not always play by virgil's rules. :D That is why you'll see many of my maps have horrible ratings. Some of my tricks are dirtier than others, but always doable  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."