Custom Map #7648: MPZ-2. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, August 15, 2019, 12:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7648: MPZ-2

Author: yum234
Size: 256x180

Desc:
This is not game with only one new unit (MPZ - Movable Power Zone) created by ScriptMaker Harrymcb. For more interesting gamplay I added also created by Harrymcb IE (IntellEmitter) and created by Regallion emitter's power redistribution principle. Details in introduction's dialog for game. We wish you enjoyable playing and Good lu! :) #BravoHarrymcb #BravoRegallion #ThanksToGrabz #ThanksToKajacx #ThanksToBuilder17 #CreateDreams

Riskbreaker

i got scared at the start, thought the left emitter was gonna cross the void up into my base hahaha

edit:

things i noticed so far

1. if i place multiple MPZ in the same spot, i cant separate them again and i secretly wished their power add up into a wide map range :D
2. it seems the emiters dont cross terrain level and its the only thing that kept all of them from gravitating into my base
3. i loved to see the emiter walking away from my nullifier...this is so good
4. i may have tested wrong, but it seems guppy ship doesnt attract emiter, which is nice

edit2:

one of them crossed terrain and walked away from my nullifier...cool. so this means they arent fast enough for high level 10 build speed :D

harrymcb

thanks for the bug report on MPZ stacking. glad you liked the intellEmitter ;D some specifics on its movement....

1 it only moves onto a spot with creeper
2 it moves 2 cells in each direction meaning it can cross a single cell of void. it is possible but the circumstances needed make it rare.
3 it runs from nullifiers but won't leave PZ nullifier range.

daniels220

Could you make it possible to select and issue move commands to the PZs while paused? I notice a lot of custom units/mechanics can only be interacted with while the game is unpaused, which makes them dramatically more difficult to use for a player like me—I issue literally 99%+ of commands while paused. (My apologies if this is fixed in the latest maps—I've only gotten this far so far.)

harrymcb

it might be possible. but if it is it would be very difficult. believe me i feel your pain. i like to play paused too

Regallion

Quote from: harrymcb on August 28, 2019, 11:51:11 PM
it might be possible. but if it is it would be very difficult. believe me i feel your pain. i like to play paused too
It's not too bad, depending on how it's coded RN. The 2 things you would need is a custom movement script (you can steal that from stargate pkugs in latest CSM) and you need to replace any kind of GetTimer/SetTimer call with custom variables.

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last