Translations

Started by Karsten75, December 09, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Virgil is but one person and the entire development (and ancillary) staff of Knuckle Cracker. He does not have the resources to provide accommodation in-game for language translations:

QuoteI just don't have the resources to make the UI and all of the text work in a range of languages. If it were only the conversation dialogs, I could pay for translation services and call it a day. But making all of the text in the UI 'fit' when in english/german/spanish/french/cantonese/etc I've deemed a bridge too far.

But, if English is not your native language, you may have difficulty understanding the game or the instructions provided through the dialogues.

In an attempt to help, I am providing the in-game dialogues as a text file on the knuckle-cracker wiki.

http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=pf:story_text

If players want to translate the dialogues, they can so so, or run them through Google Translate to get it extra-garbled. :)

What you do with the translation is up to you. You can share it here, or you can share it on the wiki - to add or update content on the wiki, you need to register on the Knuckle Cracker forums and use the same handle to sign in to the wiki.

Relli

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 09, 2016, 02:31:16 PM
Virgil is a single developer.
Good news for all the ladies out there  ;)
If I were just a bit more fluent in Japanese, I might consider taking a crack at translating the conversations, but alas, I am not at that level just yet.

Karsten75

Quote from: Relli on December 09, 2016, 09:08:45 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on December 09, 2016, 02:31:16 PM
Virgil is a single developer.
Good news for all the ladies out there  ;)
If I were just a bit more fluent in Japanese, I might consider taking a crack at translating the conversations, but alas, I am not at that level just yet.

OK, I've tried to write around the (perceived) problem. :)