Custom Map: Nice Job 2: The Athlete

Started by AutoPost, April 17, 2010, 02:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Nice Job 2: The Athlete

Author: UpperKEES

Desc:
Normally you are after the creeper; this time the creeper is after you! Beat Mr. Creeper and Mr. Spore in a quick head to head battle.

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 2: The Athlete
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
Normally you are after the creeper; this time the creeper is after you! Beat Mr. Creeper and Mr. Spore in a quick head to head battle. Tip: try a relay when you're in need of a blaster.... ;)
Description:
Today you are an athlete. On the program is the 400 meters hurdles. You are up against Mr. Creeper and Mr. Spore. In sports only the first place counts, so do a nice job.

"On your marks...."

"Get set...."

"Go!"
Download page:
Nice Job 2: The Athlete
Full size screen shot:
More maps:
Apply here for another job ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Definitely the toughest map I have yet completed. You really need to know this map like the back of your hand.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Nice to see you went for this tough challenge anyway!

This is indeed a map that will require a few attempts, but I think the rather short playing time allows for that.

Spoiler
A couple of hints can be found in the old comments.
[close]

Fisherck

My problem, I realized was that I was building to many connectors before
going over the next hurdle. :P To the end you want to move as fast as possible.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

Spoiler
Yeah, you'll lose any collectors after about 2 minutes anyway, so build as few of them as possible. Only the collectors at the top of the hurdles will be safe.
[close]

wessew

i cant find out how to get past the first set video?
Fish all day sleep all night

UpperKEES

Nope, this map is a real puzzle, so I won't give more clues than I've already given.

Spoiler
Have you read the hints in the old comments?
[close]

UpperKEES

:o

Quote6   Talbot   7871   16 min 13 sec   1

How the hell did someone survive that long? Would love to know that!

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 09, 2010, 06:42:14 PM
:o
Quote6   Talbot   7871   16 min 13 sec   1
How the hell did someone survive that long? Would love to know that!

How is that possible!!!!!!! ??? :o I would like to know too. If I remember correctly, all the top parts in front of each hurdle, by the end get filled with Creeper. And you only get a set number of blasters. Maybe flying the city? I might have to look at this map again. I do not know what is more impressive, beating this map in eight minutes, or eighteen. :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

Exactly! Even when you keep Odin City flying you won't ever be able to keep all totems connected. I figure Talbot used his last blaster to cap the 2 emitters of the last section and managed to fight his way up with only two of them. Or even more likely: he actually finished and used 2 blasters to cap the emitters at the bottom of the last section and the last one stayed on top of the hurdle. I should try myself to see if that would work....

csr

Hmm... only 7 scores for 357 downloads as of today. Got to be one of the toughest maps out there.
Lost count of the number of times I had it in the bag, only to be beaten at the finish line by Mr. Creeper. Seems like 9 min is the time before which you must activate the totems, although Talbot seems to have proven otherwise. Finishing with his time is probably harder than finishing  <9min as pointed out by others :P.

Awesome map - well thought out design - 5/5.  :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: csr on September 16, 2010, 01:07:00 AM
Hmm... only 7 scores for 357 downloads as of today. Got to be one of the toughest maps out there.

You could be right.

Lost count of the number of times I had it in the bag, only to be beaten at the finish line by Mr. Creeper. Seems like 9 min is the time before which you must activate the totems, although Talbot seems to have proven otherwise. Finishing with his time is probably harder than finishing  <9min as pointed out by others :P.

Yeah, I'm still puzzled by that. Unfortunately Talbot doesn't seem to have a forum account and is maybe not even reading the comments. :(

Awesome map - well thought out design - 5/5.  :)

Thanks!

kropernic

Is there a way to connect the four blasters which are located on the map's corners ?

I just miss 1 or 2 blaster to complete this map... I think that I see how to complete this but the 4 blasters I can have are just not enough :(

But great map ! All of yours by the way.

UpperKEES

Quote from: kropernic on September 29, 2010, 08:30:23 AM
Is there a way to connect the four blasters which are located on the map's corners ?

I just miss 1 or 2 blaster to complete this map... I think that I see how to complete this but the 4 blasters I can have are just not enough :(

Spoiler
Try a relay; you'll be surprised.... ;)
[close]

Quote from: kropernic on September 29, 2010, 08:30:23 AM
But great map ! All of yours by the way.

Thanks! :)