update notification

Started by MizInIA, January 14, 2014, 11:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizInIA

since 1.61 is now the published build should my game show an update button when i open it? i am on 1.60.

teknotiss

the betas have been closed, but i'm getting warning about playing "galapagos" with 1.60 since it was made with 1.61.
hey V are you reopening the beta? if not is this warning real or just a maybe/heads-up?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Clean0nion

I was disappointed when I didn't get the notification, too.

knucracker

You will get the update notification in a couple days.  After a general release I put it up on the site and make it available as the default after a fresh purchase.  Then I wait 24-48 hours to make sure things are clear.  I also have to update builds at Desura and wait for them to approve the release.  Once that is done, I will update the currentversion file on the server and old games will indicate that a new version is available on the main menu.

Note that this is just a notification.  You still have to download and install the 1.61 version and install it.

pawel345

It would be cool if the notification allowed to click a big Update button so that the game would update itself....

MizInIA

ok. just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I can wait. I realize waiting for the link is the same as following the link on the forum... just something satisfying about clicking the update button :)

Grauniad

Ha, guess what? I got an update notification. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MizInIA

Nephthys

Notified, Updated & all is well.   :)   

PMouser

I got the update notification but i dont want to re purchase the game. what to do? thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Michionlion

You do not have to re-purchase the game, you can download the update here: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/patches/CreeperWorld3PATCH-161.exe (which can also be found by going to www.knucklecracker.com and then clicking the CW3 image, and then 'updates' or 'patches' in the title bar), and then simply run the .exe like any normal installer.  If you already have an older version of the game, you will not have to do anything else.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

PMouser

will i have to redo worlds i have done?
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Clean0nion

Quote from: PMouser on January 16, 2014, 02:25:27 AM
will i have to redo worlds i have done?
No.

The update only affects the programme files found in "Programme Files (x86)". Your save data and any custom worlds, along with DMD and CS data, are not affected, because they are in your documents.

MizInIA

if you are using a Mac you will need to open the game from the Applications folder the first time after updating. after that you can open it from Launcher.

Lioncourt

I'm not sure if it is just me, but I downloaded the 1.61 patch, and now I cannot play any Colonial Space (no play button, just details for each map).
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...