Triple orbitals, helpful?

Started by Imposter, October 06, 2013, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harkler

If you concentrate enough Creeper, doesn't it turn into Anti-Creeper? That could be a great way to use it

Imposter

Quote from: Harkler on October 08, 2013, 09:38:41 PM
If you concentrate enough Creeper, doesn't it turn into Anti-Creeper? That could be a great way to use it

In CW2 that's true. Idk about CW3.

teknotiss

it's also true too, but the singularity tends to convert C to AC only when stacks of C are still pulled into the center, cancelling the AC. still useful on super aether maps for reducing huge creeper masses but not the way CW2 flip event happened.
AoO's are the only way to get creeper flip in a useful (spreading) manner
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

miquelfire

Mimsy

Quote from: miquelfire on October 09, 2013, 10:03:52 PM
What is AoO?
Artifacts of Odin, which you don't encounter 'til after the campaign.
Momo on the DMD scores.

miquelfire

Ah, I haven't play that zone yet (but I did unlock it already)

Nephthys

Quote from: teknotiss on October 08, 2013, 03:49:19 PM
Quote from: Neko187 on October 08, 2013, 02:07:57 PM
Best use for the singularity weapon: Nullifying emitters. close 2nd: Making Bertha targets
no you forgot ...
#1: concentrating a ton of C and using a conversion AoO on it!  ;D
then your options!  :D

Um... Could someone convert the shorthand for me?  "C" & "AoO"?  (I know I'm gonna feel really stupid once I find out)  C is usually creeper but that doesn't fit in this context. I was searching to find out what the heck the singularity weapon is/does/how to use (besides clicking "fire")

EDIT:  Ok, Artifacts of Odin. So I guess this message will make sense once I complete the campaign? I still don't know how to use the Singularity Weapon, but I will play around & figure it out. At least I now know it comes from the Orbital itself.

teknotiss

Quote from: Nephthys on October 12, 2013, 07:38:51 PM
Um... Could someone convert the shorthand for me?  "C" & "AoO"?  (I know I'm gonna feel really stupid once I find out)  C is usually creeper but that doesn't fit in this context. I was searching to find out what the heck the singularity weapon is/does/how to use (besides clicking "fire")

EDIT:  Ok, Artifacts of Odin. So I guess this message will make sense once I complete the campaign? I still don't know how to use the Singularity Weapon, but I will play around & figure it out. At least I now know it comes from the Orbital itself.

yes C meant Creeper here sorry dude.
the singularity is a gravity weapon, it will concentrate creeper or anti-creeper for a time. this time is based on how much aether you sacrifice to power the weapon.
if you have a Conversion Artifact of Odin then you can concentrate massive (and i do mean massive :o) amounts of creeper, if you use something like 500 aether or more on maps with powerful emitters, and then just as the singularty effect ends you drop the C-AoO. result = massive AC ;D
also i've found it useful on smaller maps to pull AC dropped by bombers into areas protected by AEZ's(air exculsion zone's), it can be just enough to protect an advance force of blasters etc.
sorry for the jargon, i've been playing this for too long i guess :)
don't feel stupid, jargon is always incomprehensible at first.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Nephthys

Quote from: teknotiss on October 12, 2013, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: Nephthys on October 12, 2013, 07:38:51 PM
Um... Could someone convert the shorthand for me?  "C" & "AoO"?  (I know I'm gonna feel really stupid once I find out)  C is usually creeper but that doesn't fit in this context. I was searching to find out what the heck the singularity weapon is/does/how to use (besides clicking "fire")

EDIT:  Ok, Artifacts of Odin. So I guess this message will make sense once I complete the campaign? I still don't know how to use the Singularity Weapon, but I will play around & figure it out. At least I now know it comes from the Orbital itself.

yes C meant Creeper here sorry dude.
the singularity is a gravity weapon, it will concentrate creeper or anti-creeper for a time. this time is based on how much aether you sacrifice to power the weapon.
if you have a Conversion Artifact of Odin then you can concentrate massive (and i do mean massive :o) amounts of creeper, if you use something like 500 aether or more on maps with powerful emitters, and then just as the singularty effect ends you drop the C-AoO. result = massive AC ;D
also i've found it useful on smaller maps to pull AC dropped by bombers into areas protected by AEZ's(air exculsion zone's), it can be just enough to protect an advance force of blasters etc.
sorry for the jargon, i've been playing this for too long i guess :)
don't feel stupid, jargon is always incomprehensible at first.

Thank you for the quick reply! I have actually figured out how to aim it, but only used it once, so far. I have no idea how to make it do anything other than bomb creeper, much like a Bertha. I'm about midway in Story Mode. Maybe more options for control later? Or perhaps I just need a closer look & more experimenting to see what it can do. Sounds like I need AoO to get the variables. Thanks again!