AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7967: Spore

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 50x50

Desc:
feedback?

BilboGCL

Nice little puzzle map.
Only thing you might consider: You have technically won when you have guppy and collector so you might want to make both units cheaper ;)

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

marvinitfox

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 07, 2019, 12:13:29 PM
2 comments

1) The fancy moves needed to get the guppy are irritating. Clever, yes. But argh! well, but that is what was necessary for this map....

2) needed to load twice to complete. I didn't experience that myself, but I see the problem
Why?
Because the spore bombed the nullifier right next to it, leaving residue on the mini-island. And no way to either prevent the spore fast enough, or to clear the contaminated tile.

thank you for playing

chwooly

Unfortunately, your maps require way to much micromanagement to be fun for me.  I am sure that there are others that feel the same way based on the general score. Obviously you enjoy making these and playing these so unless you are concerned by not appealing to the larger community then continue on and keep having fun.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: chwooly on December 07, 2019, 08:16:22 PM
Unfortunately, your maps require way to much micromanagement to be fun for me.  I am sure that there are others that feel the same way based on the general score. Obviously you enjoy making these and playing these so unless you are concerned by not appealing to the larger community then continue on and keep having fun.

Cheers

these are my first maps, this is more learning by doing, than having a really good plan. I don't even want to start thinking about CPRL, since I'm not much of a programmer. I agree that my maps require micromanagement, and I will consider this if I make more maps.

Johnny Haywire

Nice little puzzle map... and I do hate micromanagement, but the only micro'ing I had to do was to fly the terp around a bit. And then activate/deactivate the guppy just to make sure my beams could get enough power.

No saving, no pausing, and very little heavy concentration... maps like this can trick you into thinking you've just figured out something really tricky.

It's only about 30% tricky.  ;)

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

lividbishop

Martin Gronsdal

I actually don't remember, but I think it was about flying an unit to make direct connection to the CN

oldnewby

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 28, 2021, 03:03:23 AMI actually don't remember, but I think it was about flying an unit to make direct connection to the CN
Spoiler
Honoring the Martin Gronsdal post in Map #10264: Sierpinski. By: BC...  Looking closely at MG's map... Notice how his packets are moving away from the Command Ship....   Eureka!!!    NEW INFO TO ME   Thank you again Martin!!!
[close]
Problems??? OK... I couldn't believe it either till ...
Spoiler
Play TEST BED Map #10294
[close]