Custom Map #6736: JUBILEE CSM-50. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 01, 2018, 12:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornucanis

Quote from: sept1973 on November 08, 2018, 06:43:25 PM
Quote from: cornucanis on November 03, 2018, 10:17:22 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 03, 2018, 07:03:02 AM
The blockers make your maps even more interesting.  However, they also make an existing problem more of an issue--I'm sure you have no problem telling the various gates apart but I've got some red-green issues and it's hard to tell some of them apart.  It would be a big help if you made the various gates more distinct.

Sorry, I know we haven't done a very good job of making this feature well known, but I actually implemented something to help with that a while back. Try pressing CTRL + R  :)

Thanks for this feature!  I have also had problems identifying which gates were parts of a group before, and this makes it so much easier.

I may have seen a small bug when using this feature with the new blockers, though.  Sometimes when moving a blocker off of a gate, the identifying symbol will not re-appear, and the center of the gate will turn white.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with saving and re-loading the game, but when I replay this map I'll try to pay more attention to see if it happens again.

Ah now that you mention it, I think I know exactly why that's happening. I calculate the image slot to pull the shape image from using the gate's color index, which always worked fine before. The problem is that the way the blocker works is by setting the gate's color index to -1 so it will be ignored by the other gates. That will cause the shape image slot to be set to an image that was never meant to be used as a shape icon, and I guess that particular shape was just a circle. The issue should only occur if you reload the game while a portal has a blocker in it, since the awake function is where the image slot is calculated.

In any case, it's a pretty simple fix now that I know it's an issue. Unfortunately I won't have time to work on the scripts for another few weeks, so sorry for any inconveniences in the meantime!

Johnny Haywire

Yanno, you guys rock these maps. Yum, cornucanis, et al... you have come up with an excellent gameplay that is just plain enjoyable.

And I would love if Dom would make a map using this script. He's not as prolific as others but the guys makes seriously great maps too. I don't think I'd do so great at it. It'd just be the same kinda map with a million spores, lol.

But hey, whatever it takes. If we need to start a gofundme page, let me know. Probably a limited number of people it'd reach but I bet we could come up with at least enough to buy a candy bar. And maybe some potato chips too.  ;)

And I'd absolutely hate to ruin the ratings on these great maps, but I'd love it if there were one that was pretty tough like that one puzzle map that cornucanis made a while back. Maybe not a puzzle map per se, but more of a threat or something. Yanno, I dunno what I'm saying.  :o You guys just keep doing what you're doing. It's awesome. I'm happy & thankful for your maps!

;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:

The same with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum