Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #288: Gem Quarintine

Author: Lich98

Desc:
Quarintine the map. Get rid of the creeper and stop the plauge

lich98

What did you all think about he map?
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Netatsake

This map is particularly annoying to beat, and I suspect it will not be seen as a "top map." The Phantom intervals are too frequent, and the number of phantoms for one of the waves is a bit too high. That one wave should have been scaled down. Otherwise, it's a decent map, and I'll give you some props since you used custom tiles. But next time, try not to make a map that's next to impossible. Ten seconds between phantoms, when you start out with nothing, is too frequent for it to be beaten by anybody that isn't hacking, or isn't considered a "CWG." (Creeper World God.)

Kithros

Quote from: Netatsake on February 10, 2012, 06:16:23 PM
This map is particularly annoying to beat, and I suspect it will not be seen as a "top map." The Phantom intervals are too frequent, and the number of phantoms for one of the waves is a bit too high. That one wave should have been scaled down. Otherwise, it's a decent map, and I'll give you some props since you used custom tiles. But next time, try not to make a map that's next to impossible. Ten seconds between phantoms, when you start out with nothing, is too frequent for it to be beaten by anybody that isn't hacking, or isn't considered a "CWG." (Creeper World God.)

Um, for one, the number of scores suggests otherwise on the difficulty, for two, you do not start out with nothing (50 crystals), for three, the phantoms don't come every 10 seconds. This map is not even a difficult map to be honest, let alone 'next to impossible', the creeper doesn't threaten you at all and the actual energy requirements for phantom coils is pretty low in this case compared to the amount of energy you can generate.

Not to say the map is necessarily fun to deal with the phantoms, but it is really not even close to the difficulty you suggest.

lich98

this was one of my first maps most are are far better designed then this
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra