Custom Map #35: Wrong side. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, September 17, 2016, 04:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

There has been a proposal floating around for a rating for difficulty as well as quality, measured separately. This seems useful here, although it was originally intended for Colonial Space.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

planetfall

What is stopping you from downloading the map, opening it in the editor, and making it easier?
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

Quote from: planetfall on September 21, 2016, 08:36:34 PM
What is stopping you from downloading the map, opening it in the editor, and making it easier?

Truthfully. I thought this was an easy to medium map ...  :-[
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Crimson King

Once you find the trick, this map is relatively easy.  ;)

chwooly

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 21, 2016, 08:56:28 PM
Quote from: planetfall on September 21, 2016, 08:36:34 PM

Truthfully. I thought this was an easy to medium map ...  :-[

So did I, however I was commenting in general to your previous comment about low numbers and low plays..

As to downloading the map, It can be done but then it defeats the purpose of playing it in the first place.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

D0m0nik

Hardest map I have played yet in the whole game, the candi-floss particles were quite tough to beat and the final emitter on the left was a nightmare. The big Embargo is a great idea though with its capping potential.

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 22, 2016, 04:44:09 PM
Hardest map I have played yet in the whole game, the candi-floss particles were quite tough to beat and the final emitter on the left was a nightmare. The big Embargo is a great idea though with its capping potential.

But did you like it?  ::)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Crimson King

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 22, 2016, 04:44:09 PM
The big Embargo is a great idea though with its capping potential.
Honestly, I never rebuilt it after it was destroyed. My time may have been improved by rebuilding the Embargo and using it to cap other emitters.

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 22, 2016, 04:48:56 PM
But did you like it?  ::)
It took a couple of tries to figure it out. It certainly makes one think about what they need to do at the beginning. It could have been a little easier but as I said in my previous post, once you figure it out it is relatively easy.

Spoiler
Disappointed but not surprised that my 25 minute score got beat.
[close]

GoodMorning

It takes too long to build to be useful for good times.

Sorrontis

There might be a special way to save it :) It's tough though

GoodMorning

D0m0nik

Yeah I enjoyed it, I saved the Embargo for the end as I could see it would take some punishment!

GoodMorning

I threw it away near the beginning.
Spoiler
HQ lathe module to take out the initially capped Emitter.
[close]

harrymcb

i just played this map! i am surprised how easily i beat it i even got the top time 8). my time won't last long though. i even saved the embargo, though it was half dead by the time it got energy again. :P this map looked fun and did not disappoint 10/10