Custom Map #1395: Blue Vs Red 3. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, June 09, 2019, 01:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

Aha, i understand now.
This map has a lot of Doppels (counts as particles) and particles and for example those top emitters spawn 300-400 particles each so if you reach max particles on this map then it's a disadvantage for your blue particles.
I don't exactly know how the game handles that situation but it affects also blue particles.
So even more challenging.

ps -> Start images follow soon.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

My take on beating this map:

Some tips first

- I put the first 2 AmPgems on Omni Reactor and Mine production increase. Then Move/Build Speed en the 4th on Emitter Control.
- Use Edit Struc to make the TiconDefenseGuns shoot at that and you can use EditStruc to take ut enemy mines.
- The Flip Emitters have Grow Struc function so they can help creating Struc.
- Before completely miring a part of land turn away your particle stream or you'll end up with a lot of unused particles.
- If you have particles between the Enemy TiconDefenseGuns and your Latheships you can Lathe the TiconDefenseGuns because the Guns will shoot at closest particles.
- Incoming MK7 Ships after about 9 mins
  Incoming Double MK7 Ships after about 12 and half mins
  If you keep overview from here you can see the ships coming and you can aim your particles where you need them. When the ships get hit by some particles they will retreat for healing up. Later on you have enough particles to try to destroy them so they have to rebuild.
[close]

Startimages

The last 2 images are taken from a savefile so time is off on those 2 (little faster)

Images

[close]
[close]

In the end it's not about destroying all units (but thats always fun) but to mire the land so i only took out the right top side and starting miring the top land part.

Guess this is a map where you need to pause in the beginning for making a good start. Didn't test this though.

For those who want to finish this map and have an issue just ask here and i will assist.

Good Luck
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

chwooly

I was surprised to see such a low score on this map until I started to play it, At this time I have not finished it and to be honest am not sure I will. It seems more like a micromanage map then a normal just play FOXX map.

For me having to constantly pause a map takes the fun right out of it. Also if you haven't got both bottom right and left by 10 mins it seems the map is unwinnable. Once the double Mk7's show up there is nothing that I can see that you can do to get ships built. So restart is the option required.

Thanks for making maps just hope you go back to you're older level of difficulty.

Cheers.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Hi Chwooly,

Consider this map a 'Special' one.
Ideas have gotten a little bit out of hand.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

ChaosMaster130

Woo  8), it took me a second try after I learned first-hand that I should have read the mission description better
Spoiler
I thought it was an elimination type map. It was not..... it was 100% mire :-[!
[close]
But I just barely beat your time FOXX by 4 seconds  ;D

Also for those using the alternate settings for emitter control, I've found that after you change the menu setting, you have to adjust the aiming direction for the emitter for the new change to apply. weird quirk, but it works for me.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

FOXX

Nice time ChaosMaster130 and funny you say that. I kind of forgot also in my finalized run.
I was already miring the top land and going for the top left ship section when the victory message came.

I think after you take the lower part of the map and just go through the middle and start miring the top land asap - 20 minutes might be possible.
But not going to test that ;)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

nietopsze

Foxx oraz someone please send a movie how to win  first 10 minutes. I cant hold this anymore.

FOXX

Quote from: nietopsze on June 17, 2019, 08:20:21 AM
Foxx oraz someone please send a movie how to win  first 10 minutes. I cant hold this anymore.
Hi Nietopsze,

The startimages is not sufficient?

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Hmm, the only one i know of who plays and records recent pf maps is Particle Maniac.
I can make a start video hopefully friday, if nothing changes.
Not sure but i'll try to make a video.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

nietopsze

Thank you foxx for help 3 hours and i win lol

FOXX

Quote from: nietopsze on June 23, 2019, 01:28:49 PM
Thank you foxx for help 3 hours and i win lol
:)
Welcome and nice you beat the map.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

jelus

Very hard map.
Even before starting to play, I check forum because of low rate.
Haha, yes it is because it very hard.

Played twice and got shot down easily by the MK7.
Very hard AI.
I was wondering if the ships will continuously become harder.
I saw the images to build struct. I learn something again.

BTW, what's the purpose of Collect feature of the emitters ?

Thanks for your work and sharing.

OK : after a few hours, even following your screenshots, I'm not fast enough and finish to be shotdown (all ships down) by the MK7.
Very hard. Got to give up before I lose my sanity  :P

Johnny Haywire

Several have asked about the "collect" and "on/off" settings on the emitters. I play the stand-alone game (not on Steam) and have never gotten them to function so I'm not sure if that helps.

FOXX... I'm not sure if I hate or love this map. I absolutely love a challenging map that does not require much rushing, and I managed to turtle this map but it took a lot of rebuilding.

At this point, there's no sense in "spoilers" so here's my "easy" approach to the map:
1) The Rock Burner function helps to section off part of the island (I went for left first). You can even just make a single block for one collector to gain a foothold. This made taking an island a lot less stressful for me.
2) Once you have the two tanks built, they can supply energy to your fleet while you use your HQ to suicide-bomb whatever big ship is coming your way. The biggest ships take well over a minute to rebuild & attack again. I was happy to see that some ships didn't rebuild at all.
3) The sides of the top are much easier to take than the middle. Land a few omnis and then take out those pesky ship bases.

A lot of the time, I was just using ships as shields, suiciding them just to take one or two emitters, doppels, etc. That took a lot of rebuilding time, which means afk time since there's no reason to sit and watch stuff just rebuild. I would've preferred a couple strong shielding ships but that would've made the game a lot easier.

Overall, I think it's a really well-designed map. My PF skills aren't up to my CW3 ability so if I can finish this map I'd imagine most others could as well. Just takes some patience.  :o

Thanks for the mission!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?