Official Community map #2

Started by thepenguin, September 18, 2011, 08:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

I thought that we could start off with a blank map and then each person edits it a bit, and posts it and eventually, we have a good map (same as the CW1 community maps)
-feel free to add a quote to the opening text (or artifacts)
-Any one can help
-please make sure to test the map to completion if you have made a change to the terrain, emitters, or overall gameplay. (most people dislike impossible maps)

Starter map supplied below:

Theme: Metropolis

Possible Tileset:
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

hahahah, nice, TP. You just HAD start the community map. You don't screw with tradition. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

thepenguin

edit 1 - Tileset integration

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 18, 2011, 08:22:33 AM
hahahah, nice, TP. You just HAD start the community map. You don't screw with tradition. :P

and, ebon, I follow traditons

Ebon Heart

ok, then follow the other traditions. IE: Wait until at least 2 people have edited before posting again.

thepenguin

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 18, 2011, 08:35:36 AM
ok, then follow the other traditions. IE: Wait until at least 2 people have edited before posting again.

all I did was add the tileset into the map, as the first is just a blank map

Ebon Heart

Just makin sure. :P you had a few double posts in the first community map.

lich98

a "community" map can't be started by a member of the "community", really. I'll change some thing when I get back to the computer.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

theherkman

I've been browsing the forums for the last month or so, as I have recently stumbled upon CW2.  This is probably my first post, but I just couldn't pass this up without saying anything.

Thepenguin, I hope you realize what a colossal ass this makes you look like when you post another community map thread just because you don't want lich98 to start it.  Then, to make matters worse, you simply add the word "Official" to your thread title.  As if a community map is only "Official" if you start it.

I think Fisherck put it best.

Quote from: FisherckThese are "community" maps.  Not thepenguin-must-start-the-topic maps.  If anyone can help, I don't see why anyone can't start it.

Sqaz

Quote from: theherkman on September 18, 2011, 10:43:27 AM
Thepenguin, I hope you realize what a colossal ass this makes you look like when you post another community map thread just because you don't want lich98 to start it.  Then, to make matters worse, you simply add the word "Official" to your thread title.  As if a community map is only "Official" if you start it.

+1

Grauniad

There is already a thread for a Community map #2. None of the community maps are "Official."
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon