Tiler marker feature

Started by Xamaca, July 08, 2011, 07:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xamaca

i like digging epic combat burrows with elaborate kill pits and stuff (random code maps are awesome) but planning ahead using the dig X-marker to layout it's confusing sometimes

i'd could use a little tool that lets me mark some tiles with doing anything else, maybe with a colored border or a flag or something like that. it works when you hold a key like ALT and click so it toggles on off.

im sure you like it, you can call it a Xamacian Muon Marker Projector

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Xamaca on July 08, 2011, 07:00:42 PM
i like digging epic combat burrows with elaborate kill pits and stuff (random code maps are awesome) but planning ahead using the dig X-marker to layout it's confusing sometimes

i'd could use a little tool that lets me mark some tiles with doing anything else, maybe with a colored border or a flag or something like that. it works when you hold a key like ALT and click so it toggles on off.

im sure you like it, you can call it a Xamacian Muon Marker Projector
why don't the X's work for what you want exactly?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ranakastrasz

For the same reason I would really Like this too. I want to be able to mark the terrain, but not dig it, and if it is on the surface of the terrain, then i would start digging it, which is not the intent, as we would like to, for example, mark out which tiles we want to keep when deciding how to dig a reactor farm in non-standard gravity.

Ebon Heart

oh, I get it now. It is kind of hard to figure out what to dig when using the 80% efficiency model.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 11, 2011, 12:00:48 PM
oh, I get it now. It is kind of hard to figure out what to dig when using the 80% efficiency model.

It can be, but also it is a matter of the issue with trying to plan out where you are going to dig, when you lack the energy to do so right away, because you will then hit deficit. I suppose i could attach a transparent sheet of plastic to my monitor, and use a "marker" to mark those spaces, but obviously this is not ideal.