Computer Crashed? Lost Original Install File? Here is Your Solution. :)

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, October 06, 2010, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

If your computer has crashed or you have lost your original install file there is no reason to fear. Please email support@knucklecracker.com. Provide them with your name and a little bit of information to validate that you actually purchased the game and the support team will send you a new link with the download.

Please allow 12 - 24 hours to get a response

This covers just about any type of issue you may have with a lost install of Creeper World or Creeper World 2.

Can a Mod sticky this?

deathly_god5

The person should probably include their order ID from one of the emails they received, if they still have it. At least that way it's easier to know if the person is telling the truth about having bought the game...

Flameo326

you should give virgil the code to unlock the game and your credit card number (if thats not to personal ) and the name you ordered with
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

J

I replied the original e-mail and Virgil sent me a new download link.

ElderKingpin

Yep, if you actually bought it it shouldnt be too hard to prove that you had bought it
I am the ultimate lurker.

Why? I joined in 2009. And i have less than 15 posts. Booyah.

lucubration

What is the name of the original file? I need to reinstall, as I used the custom map packs and some .bat type files for creeper 1 and now it hangs and then started to lose all records of games...

Thank you.

knucracker

You can always just send mail to support@knucklecracker.com with some identifying information (name used to purchase, email, etc).  I will send you your key(s) and new download links.  From there you can uninstall the old game(s) and then install with the new download links.

Karsten75

Unless you chose to rename it when you downloaded it, ir should be something like

creeperWorld-nnnn.exe

the nnnn are 4 digits of a version number that was current at the time of downloading. Once you reinstall, you may want to head over the the website and download the patch file as well.

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

jakeflee

couldn't you copy every thing to a disk or thumb drive in case of these things happening?

Kilobyte

Nephthys

Quote from: Kilobyte on November 10, 2013, 10:49:21 AM
You should maybe update this to also apply to CW3.

Does this solution apply to CW3?

My town here in NE TX was hit by an ice storm & I am staying at my sisters. Could be 10 days before I get power back! I have my printout with my key for CW3. OF COURSE I copied 1 & 2 to disk, but did I do 3? NO.  duherrr.....   So I am suffering from CW3 withdrawal. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for assistance!
Nephthys

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys

Quote from: Grauniad on December 08, 2013, 11:56:52 PM
Download the beta and you should be good to go.

G. to the rescue as usual! That worked just fine. TYVM! I'm off to start over 'til I can go home. No problem with that. :)

Georg

Nevermind, derped and spelled knucklecracker wrong :P