A cry for help - fields

Started by xing, August 21, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xing

Ok - someone with a little more experience really needs to put up a tutorial on the basics of working with fields please

I'm trying to get a group of creeper to move around the play area but so far all I've managed to get is a mess that happens all at once in the first second of the game

I have tried taking apart some of the other maps to see how to do this but I still seem to fail

thanks in advanced if someone is willing to let me know what I'm doing wrong / not doing

CobraKill

Kay the trick is to make sure that the the times are by frame. So thirty is one second. Also look at this map for more help. Just disect it and kook at the feilds.

Off-topic about the map
Spoiler
Great map Fisherk!
[close]
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

xing

well I've found my first mistake - I was using the location control to try to 'move' the field instead of setting the location below ..

but the creeper still turns into a blurred mess .. anyone got any other hints ?

CobraKill

It just takes a while. Maybe message Fish or Ebon? All I have are feild guns. :-\
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

J

I uploaded a map; 'The rain' what uses 20 fields to create rain (what else :P) (I don't know the mods ratings and I hope they approve it)
This can may help you.

Kithros

For fields to carry creeper around with them they must be pin fields - any other moving field will not carry creeper with it. Pin fields also have a maximum amount of creeper they can carry with them (5000 for level 1, then 50000, 500000, and 5M for level 4 fields). When trying to see what goes wrong with fields, I recommend turning on the field viewer in general settings so you can see more clearly what's happening in game.

xing

Quote from: Kithros on August 21, 2011, 02:57:26 PM
For fields to carry creeper around with them they must be pin fields - any other moving field will not carry creeper with it. Pin fields also have a maximum amount of creeper they can carry with them (5000 for level 1, then 50000, 500000, and 5M for level 4 fields). When trying to see what goes wrong with fields, I recommend turning on the field viewer in general settings so you can see more clearly what's happening in game.
ah - field strength might be my issue - thanks

xing

Quote from: xing on August 21, 2011, 02:59:31 PM
Quote from: Kithros on August 21, 2011, 02:57:26 PM
ah - field strength might be my issue - thanks

thanks - that's seemed to fixed it :D