Map Editor - “Custom Image” - File Load Error

Started by Sauffaus, January 20, 2010, 08:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauffaus

I'm having no luck in importing any "Custom Image" to my maps in the editor... The editor always say: File Load Error.

I have tried different formats (.png and .jpg), and many different images, in different sizes.

Environment:
Macintosh, OSX 10.5.8
CreeperMap v0346
CreeperWorld v0346

Can anybody help?

knucracker

I'll take a look at this.  I see the same problem on my mac mini....
This is the first time I've seen a difference in an AIR app on mac vs windows (works fine on windows).
Must be something small since I can open a cwm map file and load it just fine.

Joykill

Maybe a quick questin to help determine the problem... can u open a cwm file with a custom background on your mac?

Or was that what you ment with, then ignore this post :)
Quote from: virgilw on January 20, 2010, 01:47:28 PM
Must be something small since I can open a cwm map file and load it just fine.

Sauffaus

Quote from: Joykill on January 20, 2010, 05:50:05 PM
Maybe a quick questin to help determine the problem... can u open a cwm file with a custom background on your mac?

... Yea, I can open other maps with a custom background image... both in the game, and in the map-editor.

Oh, and just to make things absolutely clear...

Environment:
Macintosh, OSX 10.5.8
CreeperMap v0346
CreeperWorld v0346
Adobe AIR 1.5.3 << I forgot the version for my Adobe Air Framework

On a side-note for virgilw: Awesome game!

knucracker

Thanks for the info.  I'll try to check into this tonight.  It shouldn't be too bad to debug and see what is going on.  I meant to do it last night but got stuck for 7 hours building, and then rebuilding a new rig.

knucracker

A new version of the map editor is up (version 0354).  Grab this and give it a shot.  It works on my mac now.  The problem was that the mac was a little pickier about the format of the path to the file to load.

Sauffaus

Wonderful... works like a charm :)

Thanks a bundle. Now I'm going to make some maps :)