Main Menu

cwm files

Started by zwickbt15, January 13, 2010, 01:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwickbt15

hello,

i'm having some trouble downloading the custom maps from the site... it says this:

You have chosen to open
     [name of map].cwm
which is a: Binary file

and then it asks me if i want to save it, so i do, but i have no idea where it goes. i've tried running searches to locate the file, but it doesn't work. Could someone give me some help as to how to save the file, or how i can find where it is? I'm on a mac, by the way.

Thanks for the help!

Aurzel

i'm not sure how the mac would go or how the process is different, but as far as i know you press download over the small map, and it asks you what you want to do, so press save, then it should ask you where you want to save it

Karsten75

Quote from: zwickbt15 on January 13, 2010, 01:04:56 AM
hello,

i'm having some trouble downloading the custom maps from the site... it says this:

You have chosen to open
     [name of map].cwm
which is a: Binary file

and then it asks me if i want to save it, so i do, but i have no idea where it goes. i've tried running searches to locate the file, but it doesn't work. Could someone give me some help as to how to save the file, or how i can find where it is? I'm on a mac, by the way.

Thanks for the help!

What browser are you using? Each browser has defaults for where it will download things to. Look in the options. WHat I do is to turn off the default location and specify tha tthe browser has to prompt me for a location on every download.

zwickbt15

okay, this works, and i can find the files now. However, they are saved as a .exe.part file, whatever that means. i'm not sure how that happens, i don't change the extension at all, but the .exe.part files don't open in the game. when i choose "Import Custom Map" in the Custom Maps section of the game and locate the file, the file is grayed out.

Karsten75

Hmm.. .try to rename the file to a .cwm file and see if that sorts it out.