Custom Map #894: MandelBrot. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, September 18, 2017, 07:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #894: MandelBrot

Author: FOXX
Size: 280x420

Desc:
My 10th Image Map. With Custom Ships -> The MandelBrot Fleet. Construction Pylon by GoodMorning. Scripting by Stickman & FOXX #IMG #ParticlesoverMiredLand #BlueEmitterSpawn #AmpGemFactorySpawn

chwooly

10/10

Great Map, Very nice to look at and very fun to play. Thanks for making it. Not going to ask how long it took.

Was not a fan of the ships but then again I like every thing square and easy to place Haha...

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Thank you Chwooly, glad you liked the Map.
And i'm not going to answer how long it took ;)

I made this Fleet so the Ships match the Image -> just a thought.
... Square and easy to place Ships ....  hmm maybe the Fleet in my new Series fits that description a little better.
Still busy with the latest pieces and units and finalizing will take some days but it's coming soon.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

svartmes

Another great FOXX map. You most certainly are one of top mapdesigners around I love all your maps and with that said I'm gonna post some thoughts and minor criticism that I hope you don't mind :)

One problem with uniformed "mirror-halfs" maps is that you (the player) are basicly just doing everything twice. For the player there was very little change in tactics from clearing the left side and the right side. Not saying that this is necessarily always a bad thing but it's something to keep in mind.

One thing that really bothered me about the ships is that not only did they look the same, they were all named the same which made it frustrating to tell them apart.

Still a great map! 8/10 from me. Keep 'em coming! :)

FOXX

Quote from: svartmes on September 20, 2017, 08:13:43 PM
Another great FOXX map. You most certainly are one of top mapdesigners around I love all your maps and with that said I'm gonna post some thoughts and minor criticism that I hope you don't mind :)

Well thank you Svartmes for the compliment. [since i started making PF maps i learned a lot from other great Mapmakers ;)]
Feedback, thoughts and criticism are always welcome.

QuoteOne problem with uniformed "mirror-halfs" maps is that you (the player) are basicly just doing everything twice. For the player there was very little change in tactics from clearing the left side and the right side. Not saying that this is necessarily always a bad thing but it's something to keep in mind.

Yeah, that is true. I like symmetry in Maps for the look of it but i will keep the gameplay in mind for future Maps.

QuoteOne thing that really bothered me about the ships is that not only did they look the same, they were all named the same which made it frustrating to tell them apart.
The Mandelbrot Fleet was an idea i had and i could have made 2 or 3 Mandelbrot Ship layouts for keeping them apart. When uploading the Fleet i saw that all the Ships are named Mandelbrot. so i consider this a mistake from my part. I decided that this Fleet is only for this map so you won't see these ships anymore.
[In my new series i introduce a new Fleet.]

QuoteStill a great map! 8/10 from me. Keep 'em coming! :)
That's the Plan ;)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

Quote from: FOXX on August 09, 2017, 04:21:21 PM
Quote from: cpaca on August 09, 2017, 04:17:06 PM
FOXX replied about a new image map... less than a minute ago 
do a mandelbrot 
[now to hope for a mandelbrot]
Very fast cpaca :)
The next Image Map involves a Clown. [Already have a setup for that one]
But the next next one could be a mandelbrot.
Maybe you have a nice Image of a mandelbrot for me?
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
wait i don't actually know what that means
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wubba+lubba+dub+dub
ah 
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

FOXX

Quote from: cpaca on September 22, 2017, 01:12:14 AM
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
wait i don't actually know what that means
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wubba+lubba+dub+dub
ah 
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Ghehe, didn't know ,so i watched this ->

euh, ya need help cpaca?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!