Building EnergyMines on EnergySources

Started by Sorrontis, May 23, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

So, I want to make a script that after some time, all the energy sources that do not have a mine on them, suddenly have a built enemy mine.

I tried the || "EnergyMine" Coordinates-of-EnergySource CreateUnit ->Mine || method, but that doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Well, multiple sources can be on the same spot, so I understand why that doesn't work - I don't know of a way to make a mine, though. They're so bound-up that I have wondered why they aren't one unit (with state changes).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on May 23, 2017, 12:52:18 AM
Well, multiple sources can be on the same spot...

Good point.

The only thing I can think of right now is by spawning the perfect # of particles on the energy source to "built" the mines.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

That can fail if the mines were red and then destroyed recently (there's a delay before the next mine is attempted). So if you do that, you would (at the least) need to zero the maximum speed.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.