Custom Map #392: A new HQ. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, November 30, 2016, 10:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #392: A new HQ

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 320x120

Desc:
The SSDI is proud to present the Combat Heavy HQ prototype. Take it out for a spin.

Keeper Decagon

Woah, that's pretty neat. I didn't know custom HQs were a thing already.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

mirror corparation

let me guess: you used prpl to replace the HQ block for block and spawned it in afterwards?
PS: where can you find the PRPL code used in a mission?

GoodMorning

For PRPL extraction, see this guide.

Not having played yet, but it may be that the standard HQ is unrelated to the one in the screenshot, if a theory I have on the map construction  is correct.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: mirror corparation on December 01, 2016, 06:56:40 AM
let me guess: you used prpl to replace the HQ block for block and spawned it in afterwards?
PS: where can you find the PRPL code used in a mission?

No PRPL used in this map :)

However, you can now extract my ship and use it as a template for yours :) (Also, it's not officially the HQ, since you'll see it at the bottom right of the ship boxes)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Wow, I see this was a pretty early map. I thought it was a pretty decent challenge - nothing too drastic, but a more-difficult-than average map, and the bonus in the middle was super helpful =)

Dunno if anyone is even reading these Sorrontis map posts, but I think this map was pretty cool.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

I sure am, when I'm around :) You (almost) always make me laugh. I like your metaphors.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Thx m8!

I figure with all the work you & others put into these maps, the very LEAST that I can do is write something about how these maps have helped me get nominated for several Oscar Awards and enable me to do handstands while riding a wild horse. Or maybe that's my Old Spice deodorant. Either way, I don't know where I'd be without these maps.
Probably in the White House.

Or maybe I actually AM in the White House and this I'm using these maps to test new political strategies! oooOOoooo ya never know! #Potus45
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?