Custom Map #949: Remermber me?

Started by AutoPost, March 11, 2012, 04:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 12, 2012, 09:05:56 PM
EDIT: Whoops! I forgot that removing posts in Custom Map Comments was disabled. Please disregard this post.
No. This post shall forever be regarded as an epic fail.  ;)
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

teknotiss

Quote from: tijno77 on March 12, 2012, 07:41:17 PM
teknotiss

you just got owned :)
did i?
really?
wow can someone point it out for me again in future, i, obviously, am incapable?
not really sure i got owned when both you and corrector failed to read my post!

mthw2vc
wow sorry i forgot that to understand the humour of a person such as yourself i must wrest the joke from your mind via my incredible mental powers.
that is to say that your original post wasn't funny or humourous, and failed to have a laughing smiley face to let me know you were not being rude.
i wasn't criticising anyone in particular (read the first post i made) and you state that i expect perfect spelling and grammar from others! please highlight that section for me.
i typed
"perhaps a spell check in the GAME EDITOR would help Vs the atrocious "speelink" and "Gramemer" some players use?"
now i didn't say i had perfect grammar, i don't, and neither did i say i had perfect spelling. you however removed a comment from this thread, what was wrong? incorrect spelling or incorrect grammar?
BTW from wikipedia "Misconception: The words "and" and "but" must not begin a sentence. Jeremy Butterfield described this perceived prohibition as one of "the folk commandments of English usage".[16] The Chicago Manual of Style says,

There is a widespread belief—one with no historical or grammatical foundation—that it is an error to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as 'and', 'but', or 'so'. In fact, a substantial percentage (often as many as 10 percent) of the sentences in first-rate writing begin with conjunctions. It has been so for centuries, and even the most conservative grammarians have followed this practice.[17][c]
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_English_usage_misconceptions#Grammar
so, but is correct! lol ;)
"The game itself is not changed by the map editor. It may indeed be a minor quibble, but it is nevertheless an error." so how exactly is a semantic error a spelling error? oh wait it's not, you were just being rude. again. and off topic. remember this was all about spelling?
"many non-writers avoid the colon and semicolon for various reasons" i am not a professional writer. so the grammar i used is spoken grammar. so i don't use a semicolon because i was not pausing, neither was i using a conjuntion in the sentence because i would speak that way. sorry for my dialect!
now as to my point, this would all have NOT happened had there been an in forum spell checker!
can't wait for the next grammer nazi, off topic, post!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ebon Heart

I have such a talent for starting flame wars, even over the most trivial things. Let's move on before the mods get involved...

teknotiss

lol! :D
i just love how you say one thing about spelling, i point out there is worse, and suggest a spell checker, and then i get smacked by a person who neither addresses my point, nor corrects me correctly!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ebon Heart

and I love how you still haven't dropped it! Lol. does anyone have any comment on the map? (btw, this is far from the worst flame war I've started... I forget what cw1 map it was, but I went off on rchev over it and started a whole big fight.)

teknotiss

i rarely drop anything that someone else starts, and i rarely start attacking others personally (can't say i haven't ever, but i try not to), but i'm not sure you started a flame war this time exactly. you played with "remermber" and i just suggested i'd seen worse and used the op to suggest a spell checker. (i had to go back to check what actually happened!  :D)
flame war was cos i wasn't writing proper english, like wot the queen speaks.
i do have a comment on the map also.
i quite liked it. not hugely threatening at the start but pretty good. maybe 6/10
a fun 20 or so mins
anyone else?

Rushed

The map reminds me of Day 11, The Cooker. So Olson is just making another generic map, such as one of his previous maps. For those of you who feel it is a copy, I must say it isn't exactly like Day 11, so it is not a copy, unless he had every detail of Day 11 in this map, in which he obviously did not do, therefore it is not a copy. You would be a fool to think this a copy, in my opinion! ;D

Rushed

Ebon Heart

No one said anything about it being a copy, or even a knock off... They may say thing about your brother being hopelessly paranoid... I'll start! :P

Grauniad

Not all members here have played CW1 nor read the requirement for comments posted on custom maps. I have now corrected this omission by creating a new sticky in the CW2 custom map comments section.

Please read that and make sure your comments adhere to the requirements.

If you are responding to another poster, I suggest you re-think the contents of your post at least once before you post.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon