This topic is for discussion of map #610: Dog

Author: Wander
Size: 200x200

Desc:

jkukka

But....25 on start? weird. any tips?

Asbestos

Grayzzur

Very creative use of terrain art. I think the low rating is primarily due to the massive amount of spores that come on right off the bat. I haven't figured out how to deal with them yet.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Jerdog

It looks like it may be fun but there seems to be no way.  I did manage to defeat all the spores of the second wave but the massive energy debt does me in.

Wander

Google translator
I am sorry that my card has a low rating. Thought would be interesting.
Here's a walkthrough
Spoiler

[close]

Jerdog

These screenshots are not possible.

#1.  You cannot have built 42 collectors, a nullifier, a mortar, and a cannon in the time it takes for the first spores to launch.  You have not even built a beam yet.

#2.  The beam you have built cannot reach and don't have enough power to take out those 25 incoming spores.

ea3401

Great map.  прекра́сно!

Spoiler
I destroyed all collectors one second before the drones start time.
Your energy goes down to 1.5, but the drones don't attack anymore.
Then I build a lot of beams and pre-build (49/50) some reactors.
Forge, ore-mine, sprayer, etc. are also safe from the drones.
[close]

Asbestos

Quote from: Jerdog on June 03, 2014, 05:18:24 PM

#2.  The beam you have built cannot reach and don't have enough power to take out those 25 incoming spores.

I think the purpose of most of the collectors is to lure the spores away from your other structures.

Wander

Quote from: Jerdog on June 03, 2014, 05:18:24 PM
These screenshots are not possible.

#1.  You cannot have built 42 collectors, a nullifier, a mortar, and a cannon in the time it takes for the first spores to launch.  You have not even built a beam yet.

Alter Old

Hard. Very hard. Especially first some minutes.
RU
Суровая карта, практически никакого простора для творчества. Вариантов прохождения всего два: тупо переть в лобовую и... умно переть в лобовую. Стратегических точек нет, мощь creeper настолько избыточна, что малыми силами победить невозможно. Следовательно, отсутствуют главные (для меня, по крайней мере) привлекательные качества CW3: поливариантность, четкий расчет действий, обходные пути. В вашей карте все это сводится к одному сюрпризу - массовому выбросу спор в начале партии. Как только контроль над этими выбросами установлен, начинается нудная осада.
[close]
EN (Google translate)
Severe card virtually no room for creativity. Passing only two options: a frontal shove stupid and clever ... shove frontally. Strategic points no redundant power creeper so that small forces can not be beat. Consequently, there are no major (for me, at least) attractive qualities CW3: polyalternativeness, preplanned action, workarounds. In your map it all boils down to one surprise - a massive release of spores in the beginning of the game. Once control of these emissions is set, tedious siege begins.
[close]
As usual, forgive for my English.

Wander

Способ выжить на этой карте уже нестандартен, его поиск и должен был стать простором для творчества. Ну, видимо, это неинтересно. До стадии нудной осады дошло всего 4 человека, поэтому правильным было не тратить время на продумывание этой стадии.

Alter Old

RU
Я не собираюсь вас учить, как делать карты : ). Я лишь высказываю свои соображения - вдруг вам что-либо пригодится. Как по мне, у вас излишне мощный центральный источник (Warp Inhibitor?), из-за этого как только выживание сменяется стабильностью, приходится долго и нудно "наращивать мускулы" - у меня это заняло в "черновом" прохождении где-то пятнадцать-семнадцать минут, в течение которых мир находился в скучном равновесии. И этот момент, по-моему, лишний. Понятно ведь, что в паритетном состоянии игрок может "раскачаться" до невероятных значений прироста энергии, скорости, дальности и т.п., а уже потом методично продираться со всем этим сквозь creeper. И не факт, что выжить сумели лишь четверо. Возможно, большая часть выживших прикинула, сколько времени и ресурсов понадобится для того, чтобы закончить игру, да и махнули рукой.
[close]
EN (Google Translate)
I'm not going to teach you how to make a map : ). I'm just expressing my thoughts - suddenly you anything useful. As for me, you too powerful central source (Warp Inhibitor?), because of this as soon as survival is replaced by stability, we have a long and tedious "build muscles" - it took me to "draft" passing around fifteen to seventeen minutes, during which the world was in a boring equilibrium. And this time, I think, once. Understandable because that state parity player can "swing" to the incredible values ​​increase energy, speed, range, etc., and only then methodically to wade through all of this creeper. And not the fact that only four managed to survive. Perhaps most of the survivors figured how much time and resources would be needed to finish the game, and gave up.
[close]
Thanks for the map.
As usual, forgive for my English.

Wander

На самом деле, целью этой карты была демонстрация изображения собачки средствами редактора карт, остальное второстепенно ;).

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Wander on July 16, 2014, 12:57:07 PM
На самом деле, целью этой карты была демонстрация изображения собачки средствами редактора карт, остальное второстепенно ;).

Which, in case you're wondering, translates to:

'In fact, the purpose of the map was a demonstration dog image map editor tools, the rest is secondary.'

According to Google.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.