Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Farin

Mare, at the moment you have to red once included twice in the list (as casing does not matter for the map you get)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

J

The best name I ever found:

Day 19: All Things (large/high)

1 surface emitter (can't build shields), no crystals, 2 sub-surface emitters and a surface gateway (drones and phantoms).

EDIT: nest can when (large/high)

Fisherck

Quote from: J on July 24, 2011, 09:17:28 AM
The best name I ever found:

Day 19: All Things (large/high)

1 surface emitter (can't build shields), no crystals, 2 sub-surface emitters and a surface gateway (drones and phantoms).

EDIT: nest can when (large/high)

The first one, I would definitely agree, is impossible. :)

But the second one is definitely possible. Not easy at all, But possible. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

MadMag

I belive this one is impossible:

-.,-.,-.,-.,-.,-.,-. large/high

Kithros

Quote from: MadMag on July 25, 2011, 12:48:39 PM

One of the few experimental maps I actually found fun (until I got a dark beam up of course - I stopped playing at that point)

I started out like this:
Spoiler
[close]

After that, I built a conversion bomb (and a bunch of reactors of course), and then conversion bomb rushed the emitter to the right of me:
Spoiler
[close]

Once my shields broke, the anti-creeper from the conversion bomb pushed up and I could rebuild shields on 2 layers. I built a 2nd conversion bomb, and then conversion bomb nullified the emitter to the left of me also (mostly for the extra anti-creeper, that chamber had very dense creeper so the anti-creeper would buy me a lot of extra time). From there I just rebuilt shields whenever they broke since the anti-creeper would flood out, and then just built up reactors and a dark beam. I probably should have been more meticulous and actually dug for reactors more space efficiently, but I had enough energy to support the dark beam regardless.

Spoiler
[close]

MadMag

TonyP2000

Nu Gamma Chi large/high

Has anyone tried this one to see if it is impossible yet?
Vote Tony!

Lord_Farin

Quote from: TonyP2000 on July 26, 2011, 10:54:47 AM
Nu Gamma Chi large/high

Has anyone tried this one to see if it is impossible yet?
I'm quite sure that this one is impossible. No gems to feed on make the two surface emitters (and the third emitter behind one block) almost surely impossible as there is nowhere to dig in either. The middle emitter can be boxed in temporarily by shields but that's about where my skills end for this one.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

florrat

Quote from: Crimson King on July 16, 2011, 10:59:41 AM
844 Any Size/Medium or High

1 emitter and gateway open to the surface with 1 - 2 more emitters (including the titan on high) and another gateway with easy access to the surface. Limited (basically no) build space and cannot dig in.
On Large/Medium it is definitely possible, see screenshot. I haven't tried the others yet, but I'm quite sure that Medium/Medium is also possible. The high complexity maps will be definitely harder, but I'm not yet convinced that they are all impossible.

jkljkljkljkl

nest can when large/high is hard but possible and requires precise timing.
Spoiler

First stage requires very quick action. Fly LS horizontally otherwise the creeper kills packets.
Spoiler

Build more shields, and repulsors, then reactors by digging through soft ground.

Spoiler

Then build as many reactors as possible, along with a dark beam. The problem is that there is not quite enough space to power a dark beam sufficiently.

Spoiler

Pre-build some mirrors, then use the dark beam and mirrors to cordon off some land. Clear out the creeper quickly and build reactors on the land. There is now just enough power to fully power the dark beam making the rest of the level easy.

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Edit: can't figure out how to make images appear in the spoiler sections  :(

jkljkljkljkl

Quote from: Kithros on July 25, 2011, 05:06:35 PM

One of the few experimental maps I actually found fun (until I got a dark beam up of course - I stopped playing at that point)

I started out like this:
Spoiler
[close]

I can't get that far (pic attached). I can't build the line of three vertical barriers. The bottom two get destroyed before they are built. Also, judging by the pattern of creeper for the left and right holes, it looks like you have managed to block off the left hole for longer. In your pics, the left creeper is lower than the right creeper. In mine it is the other way around. Can you describe how you did the beginning bit of the map?

Akirasip

Code Level:
the end Large/High

The average strenght of emmiters is 60.2 millions and Maximum is 100 millions, Gravity is 0 and the closest emmiter is at 11 million strenght, which have an exit straight to the Liberation ship. The second closest is at strenght 55 millions, but is blocked by weak-to-creeper walls, which will not stay for to long.
You will not even be fast enough to destroy such amounts, and the creeper will just float in all directions...
The only positive side is that, there are no any phantoms.

Kithros

Quote from: Akirasip on July 28, 2011, 02:32:57 PM
Code Level:
the end Large/High

The average strenght of emmiters is 60.2 millions and Maximum is 100 millions, Gravity is 0 and the closest emmiter is at 11 million strenght, which have an exit straight to the Liberation ship. The second closest is at strenght 55 millions, but is blocked by weak-to-creeper walls, which will not stay for to long.
You will not even be fast enough to destroy such amounts, and the creeper will just float in all directions...
The only positive side is that, there are no any phantoms.

Not impossible - This is how I started:

Spoiler
[close]

I started building a conversion bomb after a few layers of shields, then set it off and rebuilt the shields, then repeated it for the other 2 openings with 2 more conversion bombs:

Spoiler
[close]

After that I just built a dark beam and more reactors, surrounded all of my base with the dark beam and put it in position to kill off the drones as soon as they broke free also. I stopped playing at this point because experimental maps get boring once a dark beam is running.

Spoiler
[close]

Akirasip

Kithros , i thought that map was impossible, but you proved me wrong
i really thought this was impossible at some point, maybe because i failed to beat it 3 times)))

BoostBreed75

Quote from: jkljkljkljkl on July 28, 2011, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: Kithros on July 25, 2011, 05:06:35 PM

I started out like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Hit pause during the intro screen that way when the map opens it will be paused. Now set up all the stuff before hand including the movement of your ship and then unpause. You start earlier. Also as the ship gets closer to the destination the packets have less distance to travel thus faster.

I can't get that far (pic attached). I can't build the line of three vertical barriers. The bottom two get destroyed before they are built. Also, judging by the pattern of creeper for the left and right holes, it looks like you have managed to block off the left hole for longer. In your pics, the left creeper is lower than the right creeper. In mine it is the other way around. Can you describe how you did the beginning bit of the map?