Custom Map #7597: FREEDOM TO REGALLION. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, July 19, 2019, 03:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7597: FREEDOM TO REGALLION

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Regallion has FREEDOM TO CREATE so fascinating features! In this InkCSM-2 map was implemented 2 new units. BUSTER is Tower with friendly anti-creeper spores. CHARGERs can add number and power of spores in main Buster unit. Also 3 new micro-chips for Towers including crazy VoidBomb chips (like ICBM, be careful!). #BravoRegallion #BravoKajacx #BravoCornucanis #ThanksToGoodMorning #ThanksToSMTaishan #CreateDreams

Loren Pechtel

How?  I can blow up the emitter north of me but it doesn't stop deadly levels of creep from pouring in through the gates.

Twi

Blowing up some of the far emitters seems to be the key. I'm surprised I got the third best time, lol
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Pnevma

Message in the beginning says 1 height in game corresponds to 100, but it looks to be 50 instead.  400+ creeper in a level 1 land is enough to go over a level 9 land :/

Ensiege

I have to ask - Why bother putting in the negative red downgraders if there is no way to avoid flooding them?  Especially the one due north of CN...

There is a blue emitter that starts spitting out 1400+ AC early in the game, with no where to go, no gates next to it or anything, no land connections except to places you already control... in fact it is surrounded by other blue emitters... why?

And last the CHARGERS are waay too much of a drain.  I had reactors all over the map, +170 energy, and was still always in the red without terraforming, or upgrading emitters.  But keeping the BUSTER upgraded was what kept me from getting overrun with creeper.

I like the higher stakes in this map - no time to rest, no wrong choices allowed, but you're better at making puzzles.

yum-forum

Spoiler

Game again overpowered by chips, Towers etc. So many possibilities for various gameplay.
Key point of gameplay is to get as soon as possible 2 VoidBombs and use it at the right side of map (2 areas with very powerful blue emitters).
Before explosion of VoidBombs you can use Blockers to prevent big amount of creepers to spread over the map. And you even can save from destroying one Blocker if you move it before explosion of bomb.
Good lu!  :)
[close]
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Thimotty

2 bugs:
300+ creeper overflow 9 wall;
if you save and load game F01 is turned ON automatically.
good map :)
10/10!!!

Squornshellous Beta

There's a glitch whereby if the unhelpfully-named chip annihilates a stargate, hovering over another of the same color still displays the connection.

Also, I'm not clear on why that chip makes power zones when by design they'll never be usable, but I assume that one's not a glitch because it would be basically impossible to miss in testing.

hbarudi

Why do you not use level 10 terrain especially with emitters that go to 2000 creeper and that creeper takes over my base, how do I defend myself and allow the anticreeper to grow when level 9 terrain does not prevent much from going over it?

Regallion

Quote from: Squornshellous Beta on July 24, 2019, 01:15:12 PM
There's a glitch whereby if the unhelpfully-named chip annihilates a stargate, hovering over another of the same color still displays the connection.

Also, I'm not clear on why that chip makes power zones when by design they'll never be usable, but I assume that one's not a glitch because it would be basically impossible to miss in testing.
The chip does not make power zones - it's the same effect as nullifying the emitter, it leaves power zones behind.

As for lingering connections that's fixed in the newest template, but that's 1 further than the next Yum map i believe.

lmorovan

One of the BEST maps and scripts. Awesome. Thank you.

Riskbreaker

Quote from: yum-forum on July 20, 2019, 02:02:11 AM
Spoiler

Game again overpowered by chips, Towers etc. So many possibilities for various gameplay.
Key point of gameplay is to get as soon as possible 2 VoidBombs and use it at the right side of map (2 areas with very powerful blue emitters).
Before explosion of VoidBombs you can use Blockers to prevent big amount of creepers to spread over the map. And you even can save from destroying one Blocker if you move it before explosion of bomb.
Good lu!  :)
[close]

Spoiler
I put that thing in my base tower! That was not what i expected to happen hahaha, loved it anyway
[close]

yum-forum

last

Johnny Haywire

I like the spore tower idea but as others have mentioned, its effectiveness isn't too substantial especially for the amount of needed energy. I found that at about +195 I was able to keep it going and gain energy, but that's a lot of buck for not so much bang. But it's still cool.

As much as I liked the map, I prefer maps that are a bit simpler yet more challenging. But that's subjective. Objectively, the map is a good challenge that requires you to figure out how to weaken it quickly or be destroyed.

As always, thanks to everyone who works so diligently on these maps!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

last