Custom Map #1057: teks09 greyscale creeper madness (gcm)01 grey pool

Started by AutoPost, April 26, 2012, 06:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1057: teks09 greyscale creeper madness (gcm)01 grey pool

Author: teknotiss

Desc:
a wierd an wonderful form of creeper has been found! a grey creeper that is the opposite of our ac colours! does this mean that the creeper is evolving? (runs screaming into the hills) or did all that tequila last night affect your vision? ("probably more likely!" he says returning sheepishly from said hills)

fitz

In the style of the author as I have no doubt he will not mark his own map:

quite fun, interesting technique required for each group of emitters. I coped with the middle ones and the bottom left but made a bit of a mess of those at the bottom. It needs some thinking about where to place the mirrors for optimum game play. Also some rather confusing creeper colouring. Not too long.
8/10 from me.  ;D

teknotiss

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JmfR

Keeping track of the same color AC vs. Creeper was very challenging I enjoyed this map

teknotiss

chees dude.
there are more greyscale creeper maps in production, but i'm quite bad at finishing maps i start making so it may be a while!  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

pocketdare

Why would you make creep and AC the same color? Why why WHY???   :)

Overall a fun map to play. The presence of the fields makes the top section rather an easy trip down. My main challenge was in how to dispatch the emitters at the bottom quickly and efficiently. No real danger here, just a fun little map!

teknotiss

i think it was because people at the time were a bit annoyed with maps that swapped AC and C colours, so i made one where the colour was the same but the tones would be different (cos of density) to see if it made it any harder (since swapping didn't bother me). it didn't for me! and i'd actually finished it so i may as well release it  ;)