Started by AutoPost, April 21, 2012, 07:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1048: SMario

Author: FUFU

Desc:

Someone

joshuad156

Loved the map.  Great looks, great design, fun to play, mildly challenging.  Could use a few more places for reactors early on.  Even found the lower section to be mildly challenging.

Only complaint is the color schemes made it really difficult to identify Creeper from AntiCreeper, but clearly that's part of the design.

TU

teknotiss

@someone.
Spoiler
you can use repulsors to push the creeper and AC cloud out of their fields.
so if you are careful you can get the reactor tech and blaster tech quite quick.
move fast though, ps i collected the Cbomb tech about 1 min before i ended the map. i found the emitters easy enough with plenty of shields launchers and a few blasters
[close]
hope that helps. pm me and i'll replay and takesome screenies for you if you need some proof of concept etc. 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

FUFU

more hints

collect the techs
Spoiler
in each row in the first section you can dig the last brick to collect the techs faster.
[close]

more anti-creeper
Spoiler
dig one of the vertical briks at the right end of row 2 or 3. then you can build a maker, choose vacuum and send him through the black mountain to the right edge of the screen.
[close]

collect the bomb-tech
Spoiler
dig the stone unter the tech-icon. the field will protect you.
[close]

Cavemaniac

Awesome map!

I played it several times to get my best time.

Got to admit though, that I didn't like the creeper and anti-creeper being the same colour.

Spoiler
I didn't use any makers, blasters or launchers - just shields, repulsors and conversion bombs.

Don't waste time shooting at the creeper at the top!
[close]
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

tijno77

fun. love it :) and i beated it on first try XD

Fisherck

I enjoyed this map a lot. There were multiple points where I went back to a previous save because I found a better way of accomplishing a given task. Nice tiles too!
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

viper00900

OMG I loved SMB when I was a kid, loved everything, more power spots would have been nice, but you learn to deal with it, I've played this map a number of times and love it every time.  Maybe next add King Koopa?  or the princess as a evil?  just a suggestion!
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

pocketdare

Really creative map and well executed. I'm not certain why there are so many negative scores. It does take a couple tries to figure out the optimal solution but overall I thought it wasn't overly challenging or undoable and was actually pretty interesting. Thought the bomb limits were okay but would have appreciated a few more shields to better funnel the AC. (although I did figure out that I needed to save 2 of 3 eroding blocks on the last ladder rung to avoid needlessly flooding the upper chamber with AC).

Nice Job !