Custom Map: Thor and the Slugs

Started by AutoPost, August 27, 2013, 09:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Thor and the Slugs

Author: Dad

Desc:
I think this may be an Expert map, my first anyways.

It's a slugfest.

Matt

Which way are you attacking first? With only two blasters, the bottom left seems out. But the top left and right seem too dense to attack. Even with a solid line of mortars, it's too thick. Am I supposed to sit and wait on the bottom right?

Dad

I don't think you have 'sat and waited' that long because the bottom right is even thicker than the rest and therefore trying to get in there would be futile. You say, 'with only two blasters, the bottom left seems out'. I say, perhaps then you might have a look at Peas Bees Two or the slightly harder Peas Bees 1.

Anonymeus

Just as fun as repeatedly banging your head against the wall... (though it must be said, it feels marvelous once you stop, which in my case is upon completion ;-).

Some elements of this map are pure evil - most show a very refined understanding of the game mechanics (and its limits)...

Thanks Dad, this was good fun (or at any rate so it feels now, while playing it was mainly blue language.... and NO, I am NOT going to try and improve my time!)

Dad

QuoteJust as fun as repeatedly banging your head against the wall
Quotewhile playing it was mainly blue language

Ho ho ho! (As I said somewhere else). I am to please!

And thank you young sir. I design maps to enjoy playing myself. I know the best, or rather the cleverest, map makers are people who produce good maps but with weakest possible emitters. As there is nothing i like more (in CW) than a really good scrap, by definition use much more powerful ones.

mj

Dad

Everyone is afraid of this map   ;D

Anonymeus

This map officially has the nastiest snake in the whole universe of creeper world.... >:(

Dad

cvtfwlbt

I've been trying to beat this map since the day it was published, and today I finally figured it out, two days of tries after the first breakthrough. That was an incredibly well thought out map, and slightly deceptive  ;)