Started by rjt, January 05, 2014, 01:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjt

CW3 c1.56 version (with Colonial Space)
Mac OSX v 10.7.5 Laptop

To replicate:

* Go to Colonial Space
* Press the 'Play' button on any map
* Click 'Return to Origin' on the top right.

It looks like a single click does take me back to the origin for a split second, but the same click also triggers the 'Exit Game' button on the origin, which is directly underneath the 'Return to Origin' button.  I've tried clicking as fast as possible, but the one event is triggering both buttons.  I'm am also running full screen.  

Thanks!  Please let me know if there's any further information I could provide that would help

Clean0nion

I'm guessing you're accidentally clicking the X in the top right corner that closes the window, or the Mac equivalent. I think it's a red dot. If you're on a laptop that can happen quite frequently.

Grauniad

Firstly, there is no "Beta 2" out in the wild (or there should not be). Look closely in the bottom left of the home screen for the correct version indicator.

Then yes, 0nion's guess is probably close. There were early beta issues with Macs having something that sensed clicks in the top left. I seem to recall that Virgil moved the button to accommodate that.

Are you playing full-screen or windowed?  If Windowed, move your window a few pixels lower and left and see if that helps.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

rjt

Thanks all, I've updated my original message a bit.  I've tried everywhere on that button - still closes the colonial space but also immediately closes the origin.

knucracker

On OSX the "Return to Origin" buttons are moved down from the top of the screen another 19 pixels.  I do this because, well, Unity has trouble taking mouse input near the top of the window on OSX (don't ask me why).  This makes the "Return to Origin" button sit right on top of the Exit Game button underneath.  I'll investigate this and put out another build tomorrow with this fixed (hopefully).