Creeper World 3

Started by Ebon Heart, March 30, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

How about a IPAMM (inter-planet anti-matter missile) base that charges for a while, and when launched the missile strikes into the Creeper and effectively owns the Creeper, but takes forever to make one? or somewhere near forever. 

Ebon Heart

No over powered kill all weapons! No! Just no!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kingo

Quote from: Ebon Heart on May 29, 2012, 07:14:23 PM
No over powered kill all weapons! No! Just no!

This does not "kill all," it has the power of a mortar amplified just a few times. This isn't Thor, or the Dark Beam, just a slight advantage. Keep in mind the maps may be larger, and the amounts of creeper may be larger.

Michionlion

this could also be something that made mission ahead easier... say you can't build it 'on-the-surface', but when launched from your ship gives you a temporary respite, maybe so that you could get through those massive creeper waves that supposedly took over planets in cw1 (what you were fleeing from).  might be a cool mechanic, a sort of 'race' to get stuff before the creeper comes back from titan emitters.

EDIT: it could also easily be worked into the story.  In-fact, i might use it :D
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

Exactly...
There will likely be an orbital weapon like this for just this purpose.  I may also allow the orbital ship to carry a small sqaud of pre built units.

Ebon Heart

How will all this work with custom maps and fairly keeping score?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Michionlion

the orbital ship and such will probably be determined per-map.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

TheBuilder

- Planetary orbit obtained.  Target designation; Hope. -

- Orbital laser array fully charged and in position; firing. -

- Dropping garrisoned units.  Dropping command nodes. -

- Foothold established, procceding with mission. -
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Kingo

How about a temporary connection generator?

If your blasters are in a pool of Creeper, and gets overwhelmed from the rear, you can move a connection generator and keep them connected before they die. Or if there is a wave of Creeper coming from the North and you have to move a blaster quickly but can't without building another collector, then you have a solution. The connection distance could be maybe as long as a collector?

The cost might be somewhere in between a collector and relay.

Nemoricus

Hmm....I wonder if this unit is the Nullifier. It's not a Terrap, since there's one right next to it in the second picture from this week's blog, and since it has an ammo bar, it's most likely a weapon. Since it's not visible in any other picture, it seems most likely that it's the nullifier.

CobraKill

Two suggestions

1. A flak gun. Fires 10 shots that are scattered around where it aimed. Each pellet will have a small explosion. Fires at the most optimal place in its meduim range.

2. LRMWSSM (Long Rang Multiple Warhead Surface to Surface Missile) A Bertha cannon sized base that fires missiles every 10 seconds. Hits randomly with 5 explosions in a user selected area the size of an unupgraded  CW1 mortar's range. Weapon range is the whole map.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

knucracker

Quote from: Nemoricus on June 02, 2012, 10:34:26 PM
Hmm....I wonder if this unit is the Nullifier. It's not a Terrap, since there's one right next to it in the second picture from this week's blog, and since it has an ammo bar, it's most likely a weapon. Since it's not visible in any other picture, it seems most likely that it's the nullifier.

That's just a Mortar... but the image was taken right as it was firing.  So there is a nearby shell, and there is a smoke ring that is just starting to expand over the Mortar.

F0R

Can't wait for CW3. I loved the way cw1 was set out and the concept of CW3. This is going to be cool :D

Nemoricus

Ah, that makes sense! No wonder I couldn't find it in any other pictures.

Any chance that we'll get to see the nullifier in action at some point?

thepenguin

we already have, I beleive
We have become the creeper...