Author: nebukadnezar

Desc:
have fun

yum-forum

Good designed map. Only capsules "too havy". Waiting, waiting,,,
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

JmfR

Only thing I give Negatives for are (1) high health emitters that are not a challenge just a wait (2) a long line of items to kill with a D-Beam as the only option (3) tech, capsules, bunkers etc that are the last thing to get and I have to wait 20 minutes for 500 packets to fill with nothing else to do.

Dont take it the wrong way I did the same things when I first started making maps.

MY Opinion
If You are going to place a high cost high reward item try to place it in a manner that makes it necessary to move forward. Like having advancing creeper that You can't push back only slow down due to blaster creation limits, tech limits, etc. then the capsule, gem, etc. gives You that edge to help you push it back. A more advanced method would be to try and balance build limits and energy stores to make the planning even more interesting ie keep the packets going to the life saving resource while NOT starving Your blasters and such

Just food for thought

also I believe there is a way to send Your maps to players to test before submitting them Maybe someone can help out here.

AND make some more MAPS, keep em coming

fitz

Quote from: JmfR on September 14, 2012, 12:01:05 AM
Only thing I give Negatives for are (1) high health emitters that are not a challenge just a wait (2) a long line of items to kill with a D-Beam as the only option

I didn't use the D-Beam at all

nebukadnezar

Quote from: JmfR on September 14, 2012, 12:01:05 AM
Only thing I give Negatives for are (1) high health emitters that are not a challenge just a wait (2) a long line of items to kill with a D-Beam as the only option (3) tech, capsules, bunkers etc that are the last thing to get and I have to wait 20 minutes for 500 packets to fill with nothing else to do.

Dont take it the wrong way I did the same things when I first started making maps.

MY Opinion
If You are going to place a high cost high reward item try to place it in a manner that makes it necessary to move forward. Like having advancing creeper that You can't push back only slow down due to blaster creation limits, tech limits, etc. then the capsule, gem, etc. gives You that edge to help you push it back. A more advanced method would be to try and balance build limits and energy stores to make the planning even more interesting ie keep the packets going to the life saving resource while NOT starving Your blasters and such

Just food for thought

also I believe there is a way to send Your maps to players to test before submitting them Maybe someone can help out here.

AND make some more MAPS, keep em coming

Thank you for your hints. That help. CU

Coradon

It's kinda a bad thing when you minimize the game and start watching movie trailers while a dark beam has to chew thru a bunch of high health emitters.

teknotiss

Quote from: Coradon on September 16, 2012, 10:16:00 PM
It's kinda a bad thing when you minimize the game and start watching movie trailers while a dark beam has to chew thru a bunch of high health emitters.
you never have to use the dark beam like that on this map!  ;)
was it that ring of emitters in a 1 square wide square around the capsule?
loads of AC and some launchers and blasters and i did that whole bunch of emitters in a few mins.
the only annoying thing on this map for me was how much energy the capsules cost. and that wsn't too bad.
cheers for the map dude! make some more please  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus