Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichieRich

9511 Large High

Open 10M emitter & drones. 0 g. Includes a 700m emitter if you ever got down there  ;D

Xamaca

Edit: After some consideration i've put this one in a Spoiler box (it's too good to kept silent but maybe it's too much smut for some. Click only if you can handle a bit of dirty language, it's not THAT bad).

Spoiler

Shitstorm Safari large/high its true. luckily you die up top, there's nice pockets of hyper drones down in a special hell below. this a trip to the plane of pain. (no further comment)
[close]

Mare

Quote from: Xamaca on July 08, 2011, 10:20:29 PM
Spoiler

Shitstorm Safari large/high its true. luckily you die up top, there's nice pockets of hyper drones down in a special hell below. this a trip to the plane of pain. (no further comment)
[close]

Two Things:

1. You must have not read the forum rules. Basically it states not to use any bad words (Swearing, cussing, or sexual/racial slurs), because, believe it or not, there are children who play this game so its inappropriate for them. Also, some people just don't want to hear it, period. Please refrain from Cussing. You are new to the forums, so they may tolerate it this once.

2. I dub this map impossible in the name of the moon's biggest ocean, Oceanus Procellarum. (The Ocean of storms)

Too many drones, combined with 2 Surface emitters, each with about half a titan emitter's strength.
And like you said, there is a hell of hyper drones in the middle of the map with titans guarding them.

I got Mare from this:

http://www.etsu.edu/physics/etsuobs/starprty/21200mwc/moonmap.jpg

Edit: Temporarily placed the map name back in a spoiler tag until we decide what is appropriate here. -G.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Evil Roc

floor song hill large/high

0g, All directions and experimentals (but you will not live long enough to use any).
1 surface connected emitter, 1 that is under 1 layer of decay terran. More to join soon as most caves soon get connected into one. Real problem starts when deep down ground is decayed to gateway with fast drones, and if you manage to survive that seconds later gateway with slow but very durable drones gets open to finish you off...

There are some crystals to start, but I still was not able to survive the drones after dozen tries.

J

yellow party from large/high
10305K surface emitter, no crystals (there is one but you can't get it before the creeper comes), experimentals, 0g, last build spot is gone in 50 seconds.

Best try: 1:30 (LS died a few seconds before this)

Xamaca

Sorry to stepped over the line, was bad judgement. I'll be more family friendly from now on. I've edited and put it in a Spoiler box, maybe you do too?

But it was such an appropriate title I just HAD to post it (I almost made a thread called 'Unspeakable But Appropriately Named Codes' with this little gem on top.. but luckily i didn't :)

Fisherck

Quote from: Evil Roc on July 09, 2011, 05:42:19 AM
floor song hill large/high

0g, All directions and experimentals (but you will not live long enough to use any).
1 surface connected emitter, 1 that is under 1 layer of decay terran. More to join soon as most caves soon get connected into one. Real problem starts when deep down ground is decayed to gateway with fast drones, and if you manage to survive that seconds later gateway with slow but very durable drones gets open to finish you off...

There are some crystals to start, but I still was not able to survive the drones after dozen tries.

You definitely can last long enough to build an experimental. :) You just have to grab some crystals then dig in on the right side (I did not ever need repulsers). I then built reactors until I had enough energy to run the dark beam (12 energy). Then, I was unstoppable...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Mare

Quote from: Xamaca on July 09, 2011, 06:25:34 AM
Sorry to stepped over the line, was bad judgement. I'll be more family friendly from now on. I've edited and put it in a Spoiler box, maybe you do too?

But it was such an appropriate title I just HAD to post it (I almost made a thread called 'Unspeakable But Appropriately Named Codes' with this little gem on top.. but luckily i didn't :)
Its Alright, you aren't in trouble. Good thing too, maybe people should consider putting inappropriate stuff like that in a spoiler like you. ;) ;)
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

J

linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk - large/high
13713K emitter on surface, very fast drones with 7 hp will come after one minute, all build spots gone in 30 seconds. My best try was just moving to upper left corner (1:15)

TonyP2000

game car look large/high

Titan surface emitter as well as no space to dig and hide from the creeper. Plus don't forget the phantoms...

If anyone can beat this, you are a god!
Vote Tony!

MadMag

I don't think this was a very hard map.

knucracker

Quote from: Mare on July 09, 2011, 12:54:44 PM
Quote from: Xamaca on July 09, 2011, 06:25:34 AM

Its Alright, you aren't in trouble. Good thing too, maybe people should consider putting inappropriate stuff like that in a spoiler like you. ;) ;)

Just a quick note about colorful language in posts and for code map names.  In general I prefer for them to not be posted on these forums even in spoilers.  Many kids frequent these forums as guests and I'd prefer to keep this tiny corner of the Internet as clean as possible.

No big deal at the present, just wanted to mention it.  Now back to the games!

Evil Roc

Quote from: Fisherck on July 09, 2011, 10:43:19 AM
You definitely can last long enough to build an experimental. :) You just have to grab some crystals then dig in on the right side (I did not ever need repulsers). I then built reactors until I had enough energy to run the dark beam (12 energy). Then, I was unstoppable...

Excellent job, thank you! I now see where I had failed, I had not figured I can actually can take that white gem in the middle before moving to dig into right corner. Otherwise I was doing pretty much the same approach. Got to try it again now, I think extra energy from that gem can be exactly what I was missing :)

EDIT: Tried it with white gem and it was not that hard indeed. Gem makes all the difference it seems.

Evil Roc

Quote from: TonyP2000 on July 09, 2011, 05:34:44 PM
game car look large/high

Titan surface emitter as well as no space to dig and hide from the creeper. Plus don't forget the phantoms...

If anyone can beat this, you are a god!

Not a god at all, but map is beatable, though tricky.

Have to quickly lock the emitter with 3 shields at start and keep building more shields as these decay. If allowed to erupt into open it would be unstopable considering how little space you have. After putting 3 shields I moved LS left to collect gems and tech boost (used for +10% reactor efficiency). Then pumped reactors till energy output reached reach level needed to feed dark beam, after that it was routine from there on. See screenshot for position right before dark beam gets online for me:

Thanks for an interesting map, took me a good set of tries :)

J

Quote from: J
yellow party from large/high
10305K surface emitter, no crystals (there is one but you can't get it before the creeper comes), experimentals, 0g, last build spot is gone in 50 seconds.
Best try: 1:30 (LS died a few seconds before this)
Quote from: J
linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk - large/high
13713K emitter on surface, very fast drones with 7 hp will come after one minute, all build spots gone in 30 seconds. My best try was just moving to upper left corner (1:15)
Please beat these for me! I can't.