Nice Job, Hard Art & Quagmire Quest - Three map series by UpperKEES

Started by UpperKEES, April 01, 2010, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Oh, strange. The name of the file I uploaded was: Nice Job 1 - The Hydraulic Engineer.cwm and the title was: Nice Job 1: The Hydraulic Engineer. Colons can never be used in file names (that's not different on my computer ;)).

Thanks for the feedback anyway, I'll try to avoid the hyphens in the file name as well.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

Thx , that would be nice =)
I downloaded your JPG thing in this thread too ,
and tryed to change it to cwm =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Blaze

Quote from: SPIFFEN on April 01, 2010, 04:57:32 PM
And if i think that if i change the name ,
the score woundt get posted .

No changing the name won't. Only if you go into the map editor and alter the map the score will not get posted.

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 01, 2010, 05:14:44 PM
Because our Queen tends to flee abroad in case of danger.... ;) I could have placed a totem there, but usually (old type) windmills are not located in the ocean. Getting the message is part of the job.

It's just that once you've secured the totems on the Netherlands you're sure you've won and it's only a matter of time, every map has a breaking point where you get the upper hand against the creeper, I just hate it that you know that you've won but still have to build a lot of blasters and engage a sea of creeper.
But that's just my opinion I'm sure there are people that like to cap all emitters who would be angry if you wouldn't have placed that artifact there.

And it doesn't make sence that your queen is going to the middle of the North Sea ;), what's wrong with just a city-trip to Belgium.

UpperKEES

Well, actually you haven't 'won' this map once the totems have been activated, as the amount of energy available is limited. Capping the emitters without enough resources might cause everything to collapse (as happened to me before). You don't need to cap all emitters by the way, as long as you can create a save path to the top left corner. Just beware when the drones start refueling.... ;)

Quote from: Sqaz on April 02, 2010, 12:46:58 AM
And it doesn't make sence that your queen is going to the middle of the North Sea ;), what's wrong with just a city-trip to Belgium.

She normally goes to England, so this is the closest point. Especially you should know how dangerous Belgium is! ;)

But obviously I wanted the player to get there without putting a 'windmill' in the North Sea.

Edit: response to Sqaz's edit.

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 02, 2010, 01:02:15 AM
She normally goes to England, so this is the closest point. Especially you should know how dangerous Belgium is! ;)

Well, atleast Belgium doesn't flood when it rains a bit.

EDIT: By the way, Londen the place to be for your queen is way lower than the message, I think the closest point to England would be a little bit above the Belgium coast.

UpperKEES

Okay, okay, you're right.... I just wanted it to be hard to reach.... :P

About the flooding: in 1953 sadly 28 Belgians were killed as well. And regarding city-trips: I love Brugge! :)

Sqaz

I didn't knew that about the Belgians that died, but I'm from Brugge nice that you love that city.

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 2: The Athlete.

Click the link above to play, or see the first post of this topic for more details.

Karsten75

I thought you said you posted a score?

It is too late now, but next time, after you post the score, if you click the "Online" button next to the map name, you will get a message saying that the map does not yet exist in the database and it will give you the map uid.  If you save that uid, then Virgil would be able to troubleshoot why the map score is not appearing once the map has been approved. Although I know it works in some instances, I  know I have tested it with test maps.

UpperKEES

Yep, I posted a score, but didn't see it. No problem, I'll submit a new one (cause I know I was 15 seconds faster during testing anyway). ;)

Thanks for the info about the map uid!

UpperKEES

As Miss Melissa was the only one besides myself to submit a score till now, this map probably is a little harder than I expected (I even considered rating it as medium).

Therefore a hint: you can easily pick up the prebuild blasters by just building one relay. These blasters can be used to protect the connection between the totems.

Vexsin

NJ 1 - The Hydraulic Engineer
Def had a fun time with that one. Nice job! (see what I did there!?)

NJ 2 - The Athlete
Okay... this one I am stumped on. I can get around to all 4 positions, but I cant keep all the totems connected.. I know I'm overlooking something.... I'll figure it out!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Vexsin on April 12, 2010, 12:53:27 PM
Okay... this one I am stumped on. I can get around to all 4 positions, but I cant keep all the totems connected.. I know I'm overlooking something.... I'll figure it out!

Are you able to connect to all prebuild blasters? If so, these will help you keeping the connection alive without any problem.

Vexsin

not the ones in the 4 exact corners of the map, maybe thats what i missed.