Custom Map #8163: d-day --. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, February 10, 2020, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8163: d-day --

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
please play this game: the first upload contains an idiotic mistake, of course, on my part.

Loren Pechtel

I don't get it.

The whole area is under anti-air, you can't build guppies to bring the AC up to the area in the north.  You can use the Bertha shots to clear a landing but the only weapon you have is AC and you have no way to get it up there.

Martin Gronsdal

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 10, 2020, 04:04:46 PM
I don't get it.

The whole area is under anti-air, you can't build guppies to bring the AC up to the area in the north.  You can use the Bertha shots to clear a landing but the only weapon you have is AC and you have no way to get it up there.

Spoiler
you have to make it possible
[close]

Lightforger

Spoiler
Anti-air doesn't prevent units from flying hovering in, or command nodes
[close]

Not bad though a little one-toned, "build 30 sprayers, send them over, explode", repeat until you reach the inhibitor.

Everything has it's own "area" and can't be connected from another area so didn't see a point in limiting relays.

Allowing the bertha's to recharge would make it faster :)

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Lightforger on February 10, 2020, 04:36:18 PM
Spoiler
Anti-air doesn't prevent units from flying hovering in, or command nodes
[close]

Not bad though a little one-toned, "build 30 sprayers, send them over, explode", repeat until you reach the inhibitor.

Everything has it's own "area" and can't be connected from another area so didn't see a point in limiting relays.

Allowing the bertha's to recharge would make it faster :)

Thank you for playing

stdout

I'm stuck on the right side of the top of the map. None of the relays will reach. I'm currently swimming in an ocean of AC up there with nowhere to expand to. More hints?

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: stdout on February 11, 2020, 02:10:27 PM
I'm stuck on the right side of the top of the map. None of the relays will reach. I'm currently swimming in an ocean of AC up there with nowhere to expand to. More hints?

Spoiler
did you take down the exclusion tower that has to be removed? then you have to start over with guppies in the north too
[close]

stdout

Spoiler
Screenshot shows my current status. I killed that one AE tower but that was no other AE towers are still blocking everything, and none of the relays will reach the other area.
[close]

stdout

Spoiler
I see a spot on the left that I can get guppies to. I think I can take it from here.
[close]

marvinitfox

Not bad.
A bit straightforward, there is only even one sensible place one can invade (at a time).

If anything, you provided 2-3 more relays than really needed :)

This map would be hard if one forgot that sprayers dump their payload if destroyed.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on March 15, 2020, 11:16:02 AM
Not bad.
A bit straightforward, there is only even one sensible place one can invade (at a time).

If anything, you provided 2-3 more relays than really needed :)

This map would be hard if one forgot that sprayers dump their payload if destroyed.

Thank you for playing