Nice Job, Hard Art & Quagmire Quest - Three map series by UpperKEES

Started by UpperKEES, April 01, 2010, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

You certainly need them. Try a relay; you'll be surprised.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Vexsin

yeah i figured that out, did not realize you stacked the blasters ontop of a relay, thats why I never tried to get them

Clever!

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 3: The Farmer.

Click the link above to play, or see the first post of this topic for more details.

Sqaz

I really liked this one, it took me a few tries to get my strategy right, and I found it very challenging.

However I think it's more Hard than Medium as I found it very hard to build 6 blasters in time.

UpperKEES

I can imagine you had a hard time when you tried to build 6 blasters (and succeeded!).

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 16, 2010, 07:18:48 AM
Positioning of weapons and choice of upgrades will make a difference.

I only build 4 blasters and go for 3 upgrades before the walls break. With the right positioning and choice it won't be hard at all.

Sqaz

Oh, I see it now, never thought about doing it that way.

Well, atleast I managed to survive ;D, however my score isn't as good as it could be  :(

UpperKEES

To be honest I thought it wouldn't be possible to build 6 blasters in time without suffering from a severe deficit and even being able to build a few SAMs in time, so all credits to you!

Sqaz

For the first spore wave I didn't build any Sams, the blasters were enough to hold them back (and I had the luck that the on that wasn't destroyed landed on one of those islands where the survivors used to be)

Vexsin

Quote from: Sqaz on April 16, 2010, 11:40:31 AM
For the first spore wave I didn't build any Sams, the blasters were enough to hold them back (and I had the luck that the on that wasn't destroyed landed on one of those islands where the survivors used to be)

^this

After the first wave, the rest came pretty easy once you get a few reactors and more SAMs as the waves get stronger

Overall, I liked it, good challenge

UpperKEES

Heheh, funny how everybody plays it differently. I don't build reactors at all for instance, only blasters (first 4, later 2 more to move them closer to the emitters), some SAMs (that I rotate) and collectors of course. I have wondered however if I should try it with some reactors to finish it even quicker.

Vexsin

i'm able to get 3 upgrades right away (blaster, reactor, sam) and 6 blasters up before the walls break, and from there, surviving the first missile attack, then I can just make a few reactors and cap off all the emitters.

ontheworld

YAY! someone made my country! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UpperKEES

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 4: The Plumber.

Click the link above to play, or see the first post of this topic for more details.

Vexsin

good job!

bad joke/pun intended

I liked it