Custom Map #7771: AREA-51 REDEMPTION (777). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 08, 2019, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7771: AREA-51 REDEMPTION (777)

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
YUMMY 777 FEST (contains 777 inside cw3 map's number). Traditional CSM game with many many new units from Regallion and version 3 of Absorber unit. Wish you enjoyable playing and Good Lu! :) #bravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #BravoVirgil #CreateDreamCreeperWorld

chwooly

Great Map, Thanks,

1 comment, Is there anyway to make that green line invisible? It is the only thing I can find disagreeable with this map,

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

toolforger

I agree, the green line tends to obscure details.
From my perspective, 1 or three pxiels wide would be okay. Or give it more transparency.

Otherwise, I really liked that map.
I am not sure how a slower player would have dealt with the 330 emitter around the corner; I was barely fast enough to disable it, but you need to get the right tech in time, otherwise it will just overflow your base and it's game over.
(I hate restarts, I love it if I can make a comeback when I botch something up.)

Loren Pechtel

Once you get the conversion bomb it becomes a cakewalk.  With gate 4 closed you can use one bomb to claim the upgrader--but it was irrelevant as I didn't need the power.

chaosmusic

I'm having trouble getting started, I think I'm missing something.  I convert the first converter and the 30000 one takes forever to convert but I'm pretty much stuck right at the beginning.  I normally love these maps but there is something basic I'm missing.

Edit: Figured it out.  Fun map!

chwooly

Quote from: chaosmusic on October 10, 2019, 10:23:20 PM
I'm having trouble getting started, I think I'm missing something.  I convert the first converter and the 30000 one takes forever to convert but I'm pretty much stuck right at the beginning.  I normally love these maps but there is something basic I'm missing.

Edit: Figured it out.  Fun map!

Look for absorbers that are at a lower threshold then 30K, You can block absorbers so they don't convert, Also there are a few places you need to block to allow AC to build up.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

chaosmusic

That was exactly what I was missing.  Tried one more time after making my post and got it.  Thanks!

Quote from: chwooly on October 10, 2019, 11:55:59 PM
Look for absorbers that are at a lower threshold then 30K, You can block absorbers so they don't convert, Also there are a few places you need to block to allow AC to build up.

DarkRubberNeck

For a glorious 24 hours I was first on the leaderboard and now I have been beaten  :'( lol
I make tons of creeper world videos if you want to check out my channel at http://www.youtube.com/darkrubberneck

yum-forum

Quote from: DarkRubberNeck on October 14, 2019, 05:15:58 PM
For a glorious 24 hours I was first on the leaderboard and now I have been beaten  :'( lol

But your fascinating video is NUMBER ONE!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:  :D

the same with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum