Custom Map #476: Gift Wrapping. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, December 24, 2016, 09:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #476: Gift Wrapping

Author: planetfall
Size: 256x256

Desc:
The particulate has overtaken a packaging facility. In space. Don't question it.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Stickman

That map was deliciously evil from start to finish. Really cool puzzle ending. 10/10

There's probably a lot I can nitpick. It takes quite some time to figure out all the ship roles and create good attack subfleets, especially if someone would play it on 1.0.2 without really helpful preview window. Especially with all the early omni multitasking and establishing some perimeter. Enemy wolfs are nightmare-inducing. Final puzzle is fun to figure out, but I had to repeat it 8 times (10 if you count these small islands with strength 2 mire spawners) so it was somewhat overstaying its welcome. But I'm a whiner.

Remarkably enjoyable. 10/10
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

netpal

planetfall

Spoiler

Mire spawners are damaged by blue mire. You can use the rock burner upgrade to remove the metallic land and mire with blue particles.
[close]
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Interesting thought process. The gunships which could shoot down an MK7 blast could possibly have been toned down a little without losing effectivenes.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

strigvir

I was caught off-guard with rock burner requiring to complete the level. The time would be much better if I didn't remember about it after destroying all emitters.

CyberDyneSystems

Another 11 out of 10 Map for Planetfall!  Loved this! Can't believe I missed it all these years!