Custom Tile Fail

Started by 2b3o4o, February 19, 2012, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2b3o4o

Hello folks, recently I have discovered something odd, instead of explaining the whole point, I will quote a PM I sent to VirgilW.

Quote:Greetings, Since you're reading this, I assume you have some time off from working on CW3. :P Recently I have made some custom tiles for a CW2 map, since I didn't want an entirely new set of tiles, I added to the set you provided in the topic; Custom Tiles Classification and example. I have noted that the tiles in the storyline missions are red, I think this is a very good choice, but the tiles you posted, they seem to be orange! At first I thought I was mistaken, I opened the map editor and it had the normal red tiles, I added the custom tiles, and everything became noticeably more orange! While orange isn't bad, I like the red ones a lot better, and don't have the skill to make my own red tiles, I think most CW2 players share this view, and can't wait for you to fix it.(If you have time to/ are able to.) Thanks in advance! :D

I was wondering what everybody had to say about this, does anybody know how this happened, or what it means?

Kithros

Well.. To start with, my tiles are brown, not red or orange..

I'm not even sure where you're talking about the tiles being posted, so I can't really comment on anything else.

2b3o4o

I'm sorry, I should have explained better, my tiles are not completely red, and they certainly are quite brown, although it seems that their most noticeable coler is brown. As for where I got the orange tiles, that would be here.
Edit: Hmm, now that I take another look, I realize they are indeed brown, my pupils must have been confused after the orange ones...

Michionlion

they do look rather orange...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

2b3o4o

Quote from: Michionlion on February 19, 2012, 07:30:38 PM
they do look rather orange...
If you compare a map like it was before and after applying the "default" tiles, they look very orange.

Shimizu

I am confused as to what the question here is...
Are you trying to figure out how to make them a different color other than red or orange?
Or just asking if they shouldn't BE orange?

Comprehension fail.
Meow?

mpete

i think the question is why the two tile sets, the in game ones and the ones posted by Virgil, are different.

edit: just noticed Virgil posted both tile sets, default is the orange one, defaulttiles are the red "real" ones
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete