Custom Map #7997: Of Terps and Titans. By: Dew

Started by AutoPost, December 13, 2019, 05:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7997: Of Terps and Titans

Author: Dew
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Takes ages and there's only one path to the Orbital but if you stock up on terps and titans, you'll be just fine.

teknotiss

hey Dew, thanks for making this map!

but i would gently caution against making predictions on the time it will take some of the players here  ;)

it was a fun map to speed run, and looks like playing it the way you intended would be fun, if slowish.

but the lack of a large air exclusion zone covering the Inihibitor left it open to an air attack with both Strafers and Bombers, a single Powerzone Bertha is able to do the heavy work

while the strafers suppress the Digitalis, the bombers can keep the creeper spills off a pair of Guppies, letting the player kill the Runner nest and the 20 emitter below the Inhibitor and then the PZ of the Runner Nest lets the player kill the Inhibitor pretty easily.

keep on making maps dude! 8)

edit to add:  waiting til tmmw to see someone (looking in your directions Alter Old and rRr  ;)) do this in sub 5 mins!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

@Tek,
I took a run at you, but couldn't keep my Nullifier alive.
Might have a go again manana.
That was good advice for the map maker and I'm looking forward to more from him.
Thanks,
H

teknotiss

yeah i liked this one, even if it was perhaps what Dew did not intend?!

you can crack it i reckon, i am sure there is a couple of mins to save in there somewhere! :D 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus