Another idea thread. And maybe for the future.

Started by Chasofito, December 07, 2009, 01:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasofito

These are ideas I have for consideration. I've tried to seperate them into the easy and hard sections based on my guessing how much work it may take. Just based on my general experience programming. I dont know how it'd work for CW.

Easy Ideas:
-Timed Dialogue- Similar to the last level, or presumably that is how it works. As time passes, more dialogue pops up at specific intervals. It would allow more narrative if needed and not just through the introduction and use of collecting an artifact.
-Timed Items- Also as far as I know, similar to the last level. Items can be created as a specific interval passes. Presumably creating any item might be possible as well. If an escape capsule landed while you were escaping for example.

Harder Ideas:
-Smart Emitters- There are many ways by which this could be considered. From having it turn on due to distance from structures or other units or activating because of one or more specific parts in a region are occupied or an artifact was just taken. But that's probably an idea for the next version or installment. Where the creepers wise up from the previous defeat or learn of what happened to the previous 'generation'.
-Third Party- This is a branch off the idea of an 'allied creeper'. Just having any kind of ally. Be it a creeper or maybe another human party. The idea would not fit into the original story of course. It might fit into a later story. And it could be useful for a third party story.

Oh and.. finally got my copy. Nice to meet you all.. Sorry. </Tangent>

Jiinia

Well when you are talking about a third party in the game, the first thing that pops in my head is a multiplayer mode. Perhaps online or offline. I know that at this stage the innards of the game wont support it, but if a Creeper World 2 would be released with also bigger maps and more towers it could be an option.

Aurzel

a multiplayer would be intresting but i dont think it would be much, it would just mean several people working together to beat a bigger creeper which might end up with people getting in each others way, but if virgil can pull off the friendly creeper building then that'd be the way forward to player vs player, the guns can only harm creeper and not buildings and the creeper can harm both, that'd work imo

Jiinia

Perhaps a player controlled creeper? more "energy" with more creeper in game? any ideas?

Aurzel

i wonder, would the creeper making building produce a constant amount of creeper, would there be controls to make more or less, and subsequently more or less energy or maybe it can run off of your spare energy, i think the second option would be best imo

Tero

First, my congratulations on making an excellent strategy game!

Ideas, offense:
   I bought the full version on or about 11/24/09.  Since then I have upgraded to version 0314.  As you may have read under Haloguy48's discussion.  The older version allowed emitters to be "plugged" by placing a wall directly on top of it.  In the event the wall is dissolved, the emitter would only then being to release the creeper.  While it's up to you regarding this change.  I would like to make the argument for changing this characteristic back. 
               Forcing the player to build quickly to defend the plugged emitter is similar to reaching a survivor's pod in time, without the "game over" consequence.  A subtle distinction, I admit.   Like keeping starvation under triple digits.   Another factor to tend with while striving to save a world.

What if an emitter randomly fired a single, spore?  The way a mortar works.  But the "shell" would destroy a small portion of the network.

Ideas, defense:

Make "storage" more like emergency power.  Put another way.  The "storage" tech would also act like an uninterruptable power supply in the event downstream weapons were cut off from the city.  The weapons would continue to fire, but eventual the "storage" would lose all power.  Allowing a player enough time to rebuild some of the network.

New weapons:
      How about a tank that could advance at any incline toward the creeper.  It would need to be tethered to the network somehow.   Have survival instincts, or not.  But defenseless against spores.
      Can the creeper be frozen?  A small area of the creeper would essentially be turned into a wall.  Nearby creeper would have to go around it, if possible.  Like walls, the frozen creeper would dissolve or melt in this case.  Perhaps weapons could break up the frozen creeper?

Upgrades:
   How about giving the player the opportunity to raise a 3x3 area of terrain to the maximum height.  Even if the 3x3 area is uneven.  This would allow a player to build in a strategic location.
   Upgrade a single weapon so it can fire at full capacity (full red bar) even though it is not connected to the network?  Or making just one weapon, immune to the creeper.   I admit I am not sure how a drone would work.  I suppose a drone would attack a specific point until the map was completed, but it couldn't be redirected.  Or it might be susceptible to spores?  The thing that flys as well as it's base.
   Again the upgrade could only be used once per map.

Another suggestion I would like to make is when a player is defending a world, have the name of that world appear in the window.  Perhaps along the top where the minimize/maximize buttons are. 
   Once a player has saved the Loki world.  I thought being able to go back and replay all the worlds with some or all of the tech upgrades.  For example playing Tucana with reactors or drones would be interesting.

I respect those who quote me the least.

knucracker

Many good suggestions.... I'll add them to my growing list :)

Aurzel

got your work cut out for you eh
i think a cw 1.5 may be in order